• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

10 hours ago, Lou said:

never saw Monuments Men, but I did see Stripes so I know what you mean

Good call. They're nearly mirror images of each other. Surprised there wasn't some kind of copyright lawsuit.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

A friend of mine suggested "Stranger Things".  Anyone watching this?

Pretty much everyone I work with is watching this. The gf and I started it last week. We've gone through five episodes so far, and it's just freaking fantastic. A throwback 80s sort of show, but with modern production values and great writing.

On 7/24/2016 at 10:27 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Anybody catch the new show vice principles?

Yeah. seems like Kenny Powers goes to school. Has some funny moments so far (I've watched the first two episodes). The humor's already getting really dark.

On 7/23/2016 at 8:53 PM, Tony said:

The Tony Robbins doc on Netflix. Pretty wild and powerful shit.

Watched some of this last night. Had to stop because it got too late. Seems good so far. I wasn't aware that Robbins uses so many cuss words. Dropping F-Bombs like crazy. That one part was hilarious when he tells a girl something like, "How was your relationship with your father?" The girl replies, "He's the greatest dad anyone could ever ask for. I love him with all my heart." Robbins replies, "He's a motherf*cker." The girl has the most horrified look on her face. Funny stuff.

Yeah, some dude I work with watched it before I did and talked about it a bit. He asked me what I thought of it after I watched it and my response was the same, "I can't believe how many F-bombs he drops". He does something similar where he puts a chick on the spot, maybe I'm thinking of your example, but feel like it's that initial mother/daughter from Newport Beach team where he blasts the mother.

Really profound and deep shit. That chick that was raised in what's essentially a religious cult where all the kids were taught to be raped or touch people as a way of giving to God was absolutely fucking disgusting and just jaw dropping.

I really liked it and still think about the life lessons. My first mentor was really into Tony Robbins and had me listen to him. I enjoy him, so to see the behind the scenes stuff was pretty cool.

6 hours ago, notherhalo said:

anyone going to the Laughlin River Regatta?    its going to be a mess

I live in Bullhead City. They are expecting a really large turnout. I don't participate, but people come from all over and it's a huge event for the economy. It's much more organized than in the past, but still crowded.

On July 24, 2016 at 7:11 AM, Stradling said:

Watched the first episode of "The Night of" last night, seems pretty legit.  Hopefully shows like this and True Detective will get HBO back on the map and start making quality shows again. I did find it odd that Tony Soprano is executive producer, seems like he's been dead for quite awhile.  How long does a "network" sit on a show?  I'm going to love Jon Turturro in this role, he's always good.  

Yeah, HBO does need to get back on track after massive failures like Game of Thrones.

The show is an adaption. Gandolfini was originally going to play Turturro's character, but he passed in 2013.

Show has been solid so far.

On July 28, 2016 at 4:32 AM, Redondo said:

Watched the first 2 Stranger Things. Not sure how it has a 5 star rating. Very predictable and weird plot. Hopefully it gets better.

I just binged watched it and I thought the show was really great. It reminds me of a cross between ET, the goonies and a Stephen King movie