• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched Spotlight last night. Amazing how powerful the Catholic Church is, especially in Boston, to have the ability to cover up so many priests molesting so many children over so much time.

This hits home for my wife, who was raised Catholic in the Boston area.

Overall, great performances by Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo, Liev Schreiber, and Rachel McAdams. One of the better movies I've seen, but very very depressing subject matter.

The Gift - 3.75/5

Extremely impressive writing and directing debut from Joel Edgerton. Even though I found the film really predictable, its sill a trip and leaves you questioning what exactly happened. I enjoyed it a lot. Great performance from Edgerton, as well. I already enjoy him as an actor. I'll be looking for future films written and directed by him as well.

The Gift - 3.75/5

Extremely impressive writing and directing debut from Joel Edgerton. Even though I found the film really predictable, its sill a trip and leaves you questioning what exactly happened. I enjoyed it a lot. Great performance from Edgerton, as well. I already enjoy him as an actor. I'll be looking for future films written and directed by him as well.

I need to check this out. My brother said it was really good too.

The Gift - 3.75/5

The film was predictable yet you were left questioning what happened at the end?

Saw The Revenant today.   Good movie, but not great.

Kind of felt like they dragged it out too long. There is a lot of the movie they expect us to accept that are not blatantly possible. Snow in one scene and when floating down the river no snow. Bears hibernate in the winter and it might be the beginning of winter so I could be wrong. How many times did actors get wet in the movie? No hypothermia at all. In fact when they go to the river to fill the canteen they stand in the water. No one would be able to do that in those conditions. He is in the river with a buffalo skin on him and that would drag him to the bottom with the weight. He barely makes it back to the compound and only sleeps one night and has most of his movement back and actually runs after the bad guy at one point. He crawls to the edge of a cliff and in the next scene he is filling the canteen. It's a sheer cliff, how does he get down? Hr gets stabbed through his left hand but manages to grab the other guy with it. I expect this stuff in Bruce Willis type movies, but not in the best picture of the year.

The director could have made it more realistic and got a better effect.

I realize it's a movie, but so many are calling it great and I don't see it as being that good. Just my 2 cents..

Edited by Redondo

I liked Bloodline. The brother should get an Emmy for his performance. He was terrific

yeah. we both agree the Danny guy is doing just fantastic.

I'm only 3-4 episodes in but i can't quite put a finger on if he's just straight up bad/evil, or kind of stupid, or just slow and makes poor decisions.

he's really an interesting character.

end of each episode is funny as the last 2 minutes are always super dramatic.