• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

shit, already? that's awesome. I may like that more than got.

ray donovan, got, power, snowfall, and animal kingdom. my heads going to explode.

just finished watching the defiant ones one hbo, four part documentary. it was awesome and a wild history of a big music era. it essentially is the start of jimmy iovine and dr. dre and their paths in the music industry to how they connect and the empire they create to this day. just wild how different, but similar they are as music icons. 

I had no idea iovine produced springsteen, tom petty, stevie nicks, and u2. 

I love this stuff of how icons are created and converge. it touches on a lot over about four decades.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:18 AM, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Yeah Defiant ones was good, well produced. I already knew a lot about Dre, and what he's accomplished, but it was interesting hearing about Iovine, who he's worked with and how he came up. Guy seems super focused. 

I had no idea who Jimmy Iovine was. I just thought he would be your typical big money producer. Putting a face on him and learning about how he came up through the game and how dedicated he was made the entire documentary worth it. Great series.

Just never got around to it. It was more violent than I anticipated but I don't think you could have made that movie with less. Gibson did a good job telling the story. 

As a kid, I knew of Desmond Doss because he was esteemed so highly by our church, and because it was such a compelling story. However, this is the first time I actually saw/read his story. Before the movie was released, an Adventist pastor was talking about it. Doss said he saved about 50 people while the army claimed he saved about 100 (or vice versa). They apparently compromised and settled on 75 as the official number.

On 7/10/2017 at 10:15 PM, NJHalo said:

The opening scene in Saving Private Ryan is one of the scariest things ever put on film. Don't know how those guys had the guts to do what they did that day.

The first time i saw it in the theaters, the freakin movie cut off like 10 minutes in....everyone just sat there like "is this part of it?"

Had to wait all day to see it again, because all the other times were sold out.

Great flick. Would love to see rhat level movie for some other battles (like stalingrad...enemy at the gates sucked).

Way past time for a real movie about korea.

Shooting to see dunkirk this weekend.