• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

25 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Fisk was a great character.  I just don't like that he was so easily taken down.  The Netflix people have been doing such a good job on the villains, and the sub-heroes. 

I'm halfway through Iron Fist.  It started out promising, then went off the rails quick.  It's the similar character to Daredevil, and it's to the point, I hate hate hate them. 

I don't think he was easily taken down at all.  He is going to be around for a long time.  One of the best moments in season two is when Murdock visits Fisk in prison. What a scary scene.

On March 29, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Homebrewer said:

There are 5 episodes out. I watched 2 last night. Seems as well made as the first 2 were. They have incorporated some of the main characters from past seasons into a new crime with some different people. 

Thanks Lou. 

I've watched 4 episodes thus far. I agree that there hasn't been a letdown this season. Sucks that this is it for the series. David Tennant is such a good actor 

On March 30, 2017 at 4:42 AM, Redondo said:

Where are you guys watching Broadchurch? I searched Netflix last night and not there.

The only BBC channel I get is the American one and they just show re-runs of shows like Star Trek TNG.

Amazons FireTV. 

Honestly, I have no idea how people who enjoy watching movies and tv shows do without some type of streaming device. So much better than trying to watch shows  on a computer monitor - and they're pretty cheap. I don't ever watch shows on regular cable anymore. 

Edited by Lou

21 hours ago, cezero said:

I'm betting people are using special online websites that might not actually be permitted to stream the episodes. 

That's how I watched season 2 of Broadchurch. Not sure I'm interested in Season 3. Seems like it's gone about as far as it can go while maintaining excellence. Hope I'm wrong. Looking forward to some reviews. I won't be a baby about spoilers, either. 

if you don't watch S3 I understand why you're a Mariners fan - you make bad decisions 

13 hours ago, Lou said:

Amazons FireTV. 

Honestly, I have no idea how people who enjoy watching movies and tv shows do without some type of streaming device. So much better than trying to watch shows  on a computer monitor - and they're pretty cheap. I don't ever watch shows on regular cable anymore. 

What about sports?  It seems I'm watching more and more online now, and sports is the one thing that I haven't figured out to ditch dish.

On 4/1/2017 at 0:02 AM, Ordos said:

Watched the new It trailer, looks decent.

I don't really understand what is scary about clowns. Anyone able to provide insight on this?

I wasn't really disturbed by clowns until I saw the first "It" many moons ago.  

watching:

billions. show is getting even better as it goes.

crashing. it's getting some legs. quirky, but only 30 minutes. reminds me that i really love comedy, but stand up comedians are more miss than hit for me with the the quick and blatant jokes.

i think bosch and house of cards come out later this month.

watched:

moonlight. it was ok. had its moments, but didn't hit me or impact me the way people have been talking about it, or for something that won picture of the year.

jack reacher (the new one). it wasn't bad, but i turned it off halfway through to take back the dvd since i had it for a while. will catch this when it hits hbo or showtime.

breaking bad. they did a weird gus fring marathon for better call saul coming back next monday. it skipped episodes as it only showed the ones he was in. kind of weird, but a good trip down memory lane.

mechanic 2. i normally like these as a guilty pleasure and have low expectations, but this kind of sucked.

On 4/6/2017 at 9:40 AM, Brandon said:

watching:

billions. show is getting even better as it goes.

crashing. it's getting some legs. quirky, but only 30 minutes. reminds me that i really love comedy, but stand up comedians are more miss than hit for me with the the quick and blatant jokes.

i think bosch and house of cards come out later this month.

watched:

moonlight. it was ok. had its moments, but didn't hit me or impact me the way people have been talking about it, or for something that won picture of the year.

jack reacher (the new one). it wasn't bad, but i turned it off halfway through to take back the dvd since i had it for a while. will catch this when it hits hbo or showtime.

breaking bad. they did a weird gus fring marathon for better call saul coming back next monday. it skipped episodes as it only showed the ones he was in. kind of weird, but a good trip down memory lane.

mechanic 2. i normally like these as a guilty pleasure and have low expectations, but this kind of sucked.

we love billions.

Fate of the Furious.  It's a typical Fast and the Furious movie.  Plot holes, unbelievable action sequences.  Cars racing along the streets doing unbelievable things, that I'm sure the wannabe racers will do in the streets most likely putting the public at extreme risk.  The Shaw/Baby action sequence was fun though.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:09 AM, gotbeer said:

Fate of the Furious.  It's a typical Fast and the Furious movie.  Plot holes, unbelievable action sequences.  Cars racing along the streets doing unbelievable things, that I'm sure the wannabe racers will do in the streets most likely putting the public at extreme risk.  The Shaw/Baby action sequence was fun though.

The only fast and furious movie i've seen is Tokyo Drift.

and somehow, i've seen it like 4-5 times. 

Watched the last episode of Broadchurch season 3 tonight.

What an excellent series..and that's it. No more to come. Sometimes it's good to see a show come to an end before it wears thin, although it's a rare thing these days when a show is as successful as Broadchurch has been, and it's been huge in the UK and abroad, but the producers and writers are stopping it there. They are moving on...and people will be looking for whatever they decide to do next.

Quality stuff in all the aspects that I look for in series TV, and judging by it's enormous success I'm not alone.

Don't know when it will be shown here in the States.  

Finished Broadchurch S3. Outstanding show. 

For those not afraid of subtitles, another great show is Acquitted (2 season show from Norway)

Other foreign shows I really liked (I may have mentioned a couple of them before)

Mammon

The Legacy

In Plain Sight

Cardinal

Morden

Trapped

The Hundred Code

Nobel

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Finished Broadchurch S3. Outstanding show. 

For those not afraid of subtitles, another great show is Acquitted (2 season show from Norway)

Other foreign shows I really liked (I may have mentioned a couple of them before)

Mammon

The Legacy

In Plain Sight

Cardinal

Morden

Trapped

The Hundred Code

Nobel

Refusing to do subtitles means missing a lot of really good stuff..

Recently watched The Tunnel on Amazon prime..which was basically The Bridge in a different setting (The Euro Tunnel between Dover and Calais) Even though I had watched both the FX and Swedish (subtitled) version, I still enjoyed the British adaptation..(all of the French was subtitled) Even though the story lines are pretty much the same, It was different enough to hold my interest.