• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 hours ago, NJHalo said:

I saw Peter Krause at Madison Square Garden last week for the NY Rangers vs. Lightning game.  I couldn't remember who he was, I just knew he was someone I should recognize. Not many people bothered him, so I guess he is anonymous enough looking.

Maybe he was with O'Brien?

Haha! Yes!

Jessica Jones.  She's like a Hancock mixed with a pissed off Kristen Stewart.  This series starts off slow.  I really didn't like it after watching the first couple of episodes.  But it really began to pick up and come together towards the later episode.  Definitely better than the suckiness of Daredevil.  Hopefully season 2 of Daredevil will be better.

On 3/17/2017 at 1:20 PM, HaloJustinBieber said:

I watched some documentary where they were talking about how some nuclear workers were showing up to work in Poland (I think) a day or two after the initial incident, which was well over 500 miles away.  The employees were sent through detectors both going into and out of the nuclear plant.  Some were setting off the detectors on the way in because of particles they had on them that were carried from Chernobyl.  It set off panic at that facility.  That's when people outside of Russia became suspicious and began calling around to other nations asking about issues, and ultimately when the Russian officials began speaking about it (at least amongst the government and nuclear folk).

And, the Chernobyl explosion could've been MUCH worse.  The reactor was cratering inside and underneath.  The Russians were in a race to keep it from reaching an underground natural water source that would've caused an epic reaction.  Some experts thought that, in retrospect, if they hadn't gotten it under control that the resultant fallout would've carried over all of Russian and Europe, making most uninhabitable.

This popped up on one of my feeds.  Interesting story.  Well kind of sad.  But shows the power of the Russian Curtain.

Exposed: Soviet cover-up of nuclear fallout worse than Chernobyl

On 3/21/2017 at 0:01 PM, gotbeer said:

This popped up on one of my feeds.  Interesting story.  Well kind of sad.  But shows the power of the Russian Curtain.

Exposed: Soviet cover-up of nuclear fallout worse than Chernobyl

Yeah, we were going off in the Pacific and in Nevada at approx. the same time, exposing many of our own with the downwind fallout in a race to be the best annihilator. Although, nothing quite this extensive.  The Russian people have really been f'ed historically when it comes to radiation.  Hell, even many who fought at Chernobyl weren't recognized and given proper lifetime medical benefits as a result.  Pretty crappy all-around.

Season 2 of Daredevil, outside of Castle, Fisk, and to a lesser extent Electra, a total waste of time.  The villains and the antiheroes carried it.  Daredevil is a selfish, self absorbed, prick, that constantly gets his ass kicked and yet somehow wins needs to die.  Secretary, who I guess is a financial wiz and an attorney wiz, and is not a reporting wiz, just needs to go away and die.  The partner Foggy, he's still comic relief, but at least he's bearable.  Hopefully they cancel this show and transfer the salvagable parts to other shows.  Punisher already is getting his own series.  Looks like Foggy is going the Jessica Jones/Luke Cage (I would think) route.  Just need Fisk in the other shows.

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Anybody check out the two new Chappelle shows released on Netflix? The first one is good, not great but the 2nd one is classic Chappelle. The gays and trannies are up in arms over it and find it offensive.

Really liked his bit about giving the homeless $25K worth of bubble gum.

3 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Anybody check out the two new Chappelle shows released on Netflix? The first one is good, not great but the 2nd one is classic Chappelle. The gays and trannies are up in arms over it and find it offensive.

Just watched the first one last night. Thought it was, as you said, good but not great. When he started on his gay jokes he leads with an admission that he is about to get himself into trouble.

3 hours ago, cezero said:

Also, I stopped Outlander after the first season. I just didn't give a fuck what happened to any of the characters anymore. 

It looks amazing, and there's a lot of bewbs. It's all around just okay, I'd say. 

The 2nd season wasnt as good as the 1st. The 3rd book was really good so we'll see how the show portrays it when it returns in september

Took my kids to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie last night. I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed. I was afraid of falling asleep, as I usually do when I go to the theater for movies that I don't really care about. Not this time. 

Amazing sets, music was great, and the animation used to bring Lumiere, Cogsworth, and the rest of the things to life was well done. They did a good job of making the Beast look real, and be able to show emotions thru the makeup and costume.

I can see Disney going this route with bringing the animated films to life. I am sure the production costs were high, but I think this will prove to be a worthwhile investment.

9+

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

Took my kids to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie last night. I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed. I was afraid of falling asleep, as I usually do when I go to the theater for movies that I don't really care about. Not this time. 

Amazing sets, music was great, and the animation used to bring Lumiere, Cogsworth, and the rest of the things to life was well done. They did a good job of making the Beast look real, and be able to show emotions thru the makeup and costume.

I can see Disney going this route with bringing the animated films to life. I am sure the production costs were high, but I think this will prove to be a worthwhile investment.

9+

They've announced plans to do live action with a few other movies, including the lion king and the little mermaid.

4 hours ago, cezero said:

I'm confused. I just got to the episode where she's back in the 20th century. Is that not the first episode of season 3?

Also, I do want to see Tobias Menzies's 18th century character die, so I might go back. 

nope that is season 2, book 2

there is quite a bit of back and forth with the time travel in this book/season and frankly its very boring up until the last few episodes

6 hours ago, NJHalo said:

9+

We're going this weekend.

Alamo Draft House. You get a table with your seats, and servers. Good food, cocktails, etc. It's amazing.

Glad to hear the movie is good! I loved the original. 

Yeah they are already in production for Lion King. I wonder if they'll do Aladdin, that was always my favorite. 

Watched Noctural Animals last night.

I thought the first half was fantastic, especially the scene on the highway.

Visually it was very impressive. Acting was great.

End felt kind of cliche. I don't like movies that aim to tie it all together for you, so I'm glad he left lots of open questions. But I feel like he just ran out of runway with it. 

Had the second half been more "no country for old men" in the hunt for the bad guys / revenge, it would have been perfect. I just became less emotionally invested as it went on. 

But overall we really enjoyed it. Tom Ford is clearly very talented. I want to watch A Single Man now.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:18 PM, gotbeer said:

Season 2 of Daredevil, outside of Castle, Fisk, and to a lesser extent Electra, a total waste of time.  The villains and the antiheroes carried it.  Daredevil is a selfish, self absorbed, prick, that constantly gets his ass kicked and yet somehow wins needs to die.  Secretary, who I guess is a financial wiz and an attorney wiz, and is not a reporting wiz, just needs to go away and die.  The partner Foggy, he's still comic relief, but at least he's bearable.  Hopefully they cancel this show and transfer the salvagable parts to other shows.  Punisher already is getting his own series.  Looks like Foggy is going the Jessica Jones/Luke Cage (I would think) route.  Just need Fisk in the other shows.

Is there a program or some software that I can use to translate this?

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Watched Noctural Animals last night.

I thought the first half was fantastic, especially the scene on the highway.

Visually it was very impressive. Acting was great.

End felt kind of cliche. I don't like movies that aim to tie it all together for you, so I'm glad he left lots of open questions. But I feel like he just ran out of runway with it. 

Had the second half been more "no country for old men" in the hunt for the bad guys / revenge, it would have been perfect. I just became less emotionally invested as it went on. 

But overall we really enjoyed it. Tom Ford is clearly very talented. I want to watch A Single Man now.

A Single Man is an excellent film for those who love more subtle and thoughtful character studies. It's a particularly interesting look at the relationship between sexuality and intimacy.