• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Obviously you have never been caught in freeway traffic in downtown LA where everyone eventually gets out if their car and all spontaneously start dancing all to the same music. That's how I wrecked my ankles,  some jackass clay barred and put two coats of wax on his Buick causing three of us to slip off his hood awkwardly. 

sounds like he probably failed to wash his car first with deionized water.

Yup,  you see without using deionized water there is oxidation that clings to the paint causing rough patches that not even orbital buffing takes off. We were caught totally by surprise that some heathen would have done such a thing, completely ruining the day for us. 

Life is tough in LA LA Land. 

On 1/19/2017 at 2:45 PM, LooneyPlatoons said:

Started watching the second season of The Man in the High Castle.  Interesting show

It will get better at the end of the season...don't let the (Trade Minister's) side trip into what might have been our actual 1962 distract you. It's a necessary diversion.

4 episodes in on Frontier on Netflix. Covers a fairly uncovered topic (film/tv-wise) of the fur trapping trade in late 18th century Canada. It's fictional, but framed within a pretty historically accurate thing in terms of setup (i.e. Hudson's Bay Company/British, French, Native Americans trying to figure out a weird economic/political/social environment). It's not the best thing I've ever seen so far, but it's solidly entertaining, and I've definitely done a bunch of research into the real history of that area/time because of it.

On December 26, 2016 at 11:12 AM, NJHalo said:

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Medici: Masters of Florence? It is on Netflix, and stars Dustin Hoffman, Brian Cox, the guy who played Robb Stark, and a bunch of other Game of Thrones Alumni. Seems interesting, but I don't want to waste my time if it sucks

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5057130/

Have you watched this yet? 

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

started watching Taboo on FX. the show with tom hardy.

i love it.

has some of my favorite criteria for film/television: period piece (early 1800s jack-london era nasty london), history, dark and creepy, violence, drama, great writing/acting, and lots of whores.

You had me circling the bait, then you hooked me with the whores.

Watched the two movies that are getting mixed together, Fences and Hidden Figures.

Fences - A. Adopted from a play, almost all of it takes place in a small yard. Lots of dialogue, lots of story, and menacing Denzel. Excellent performances all around.

Hidden Figures - A. It has NASA, it has black women overcoming institutionalized discrimination and achieving their amazing potential, and it has plenty of suspense. Plus, Kevin Costner as the progressive honkey.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Lou said:

Have you watched this yet? 

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, NJHalo said:

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Medici: Masters of Florence? It is on Netflix, and stars Dustin Hoffman, Brian Cox, the guy who played Robb Stark, and a bunch of other Game of Thrones Alumni. Seems interesting, but I don't want to waste my time if it sucks

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5057130/

Not yet. It is still on the hit list though. I will post a review once we start.

20 hours ago, mrwicked said:

watched "blue jasmine" by woody allen.

set in sf. we really enjoyed it. way different than typical woody film. this was pretty depressing but entertaining. cate blanchett was fantastic, i was impressed.

ha.

i was totally just writing about this, but realized halfway through that i was writing about "blue is the warmest color" which is a very racy french lesbian indie flick on netflix. oops.

watched a bunch of shit lately, mostly random remote droppers from hbo, showtime, or starz. 

hurt locker- pretty good.

the kingdom- i think i spent more time on my laptop than watching.

burnt- bradley cooper is a chef trying to get his third michelin star. pretty good, but more importantly reminded me how much i adore sienna miller. speaking of which.....

layer cake- probably my favorite british gangster flick (i know, lock stock, snatch, rock n rolla, green street hooligans) which stars daniel craig and has sienna miller who plays one of the sexiest female characters in a movie.....speaking of which, that's a good thread, "hottest female movie characters".....like, kelly lebrock in weird science, the chick that takes her top off in fast times at ridgemont high, or angelina jolie in playing god.

On 1/31/2017 at 6:44 AM, Warwick said:

layer cake- probably my favorite british gangster flick (i know, lock stock, snatch, rock n rolla, green street hooligans) 

I'll have to see Layer Cake again. I remember enjoying it but it's been a long time. When I hear favorite British gangster films, I usually gravitate to stuff like Sexy Beast, The Limey (Soderbergh ain't British but Stamp definitely is), The Long Good Friday, and The Hit (another Terence Stamp great). Would recommend each if you haven't seen them, though all would have a different tone than those you mentioned.