• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

10 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Hacksaw Ridge is getting a lot of positive reviews and praise...I'm hesitant to check it though because it look overly stylized in the 1st trailer...a lot of slow motion action shots...I hate slow motion action shots; is there a lot of slowmo in the film?

I saw Arrival -- 4/5 .. Solid flick, pretty thought provoking. I want to see it again. I wouldn't rank it above Sicario or Prisoners for Villeneuve; but still a good film. Solid director.

Three movies opening up this Friday that I want to see -- Nocturnal Animals, Manchester by the Sea, and Bleed for This

I would put Arrival behind Sicario and Incendies for Villenueve but ahead of Prisoners, and on par with Enemy (a decisive one of his movies). Would highly recommend checking out Incendies if you haven't.

I really hope to see Nocturnal Animals and Manchester by the Sea as well.

5 hours ago, Glen said:

As the movie went on I thought Vaughn got better but I agree, he was a terrible choice.

As the movie went on there was less of him, which was better. But he should not be in any serious film ever again.

5 hours ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Are you referring to Capra films he directed in the 40's or all Capra films? I thought he directed some very good classic films like "It Happened One Night" and "Arsenic and Lace" to name a few.

I am talking about the stylized world where army chums call each other Tex or a dozen other made up nicknames and everyone in the hometown is all shucks, by golly. I don't want to kill the film for others but it was flawed when it could have been better written, casted and directed. Better than most of the films out there but not an Award Winner.

2 hours ago, Sam Sanchez said:

I would put Arrival behind Sicario and Incendies for Villenueve but ahead of Prisoners, and on par with Enemy (a decisive one of his movies). Would highly recommend checking out Incendies if you haven't.

I really hope to see Nocturnal Animals and Manchester by the Sea as well.

I bought Incendies like 6 months ago but have yet to check it out. I actually just put it on the top of my to watch list and plan on getting to it this weekend.

On 11/15/2016 at 7:42 PM, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I bought Incendies like 6 months ago but have yet to check it out. I actually just put it on the top of my to watch list and plan on getting to it this weekend.

It's not a pleasant, uplifting watch, so just a little warning. Not that most of his other movies are though either.

On 11/15/2016 at 11:03 AM, Lou said:

not sure it's been mentioned, and I don't know how to search for previous posts (shut up), but has anyone watched Rectify? It's a series about a guy who, after spending 19 years on death row, is released due to his DNA not being a match to samples from the original crime scene.  He's not exonerated and the townspeople still think he did it. 

such a good show. 

I consider it one of the best pure dramas to ever air on TV. I haven't had a chance to start S4 though since I'm busy with school, but I am still very surprised it was even renewed by Sundance.

The Preacher from Deadwood (HBO) actually created Rectify (Ray McKinnon).

On 11/16/2016 at 8:19 PM, cezero said:

I did the same thing. Didn't watch Season 4 until a year after it aired because I really didn't like 3. But 4 was very good, and I think 5 was at least as good, if not better. 

Yep, I pretty much gave up on the show after cheesy S3. Season 4 was very thrilling, but I found the last couple episodes to be painfully dull.

S5 is also boring thus far (on ep. 3), but I'll keep watching.

11 hours ago, Paul said:

I consider it one of the best pure dramas to ever air on TV. I haven't had a chance to start S4 though since I'm busy with school, but I am still very surprised it was even renewed by Sundance.

The Preacher from Deadwood (HBO) actually created Rectify (Ray McKinnon).

happy to hear someone else here thinks do highly of the show. I've watched up through S4E2.  

Why were you surprised that it was picked up for season 4? 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

happy to hear someone else here thinks do highly of the show. I've watched up through S4E2.  

Why were you surprised that it was picked up for season 4? 

Very few people watch it because it's on an obscure channel. It's also been completely ignored by the Emmy's, which is very unfair. Another very underrated drama to watch is The Knick.

The gf had been eagerly awaiting Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Went and saw it today. Not typically my favorite genre, but I thought it was really well-executed, flowed well, and looked great. It basically nailed what it set out to do as well as it possibly could have. If you have kids, take them to see it. They'll be totally enthralled, and you'll likely enjoy it too.

On 10/31/2016 at 1:15 PM, Ray McKigney said:

I tried to watch that awhile back. I couldn't get past about 20 minutes before I turned it off. Just wasn't funny to me. More annoying than anything. Maybe I'll give it another shot. Maybe I was in a bad mood or something.

Its definetely a niche type of movie. like an amchorman or big lebowski. they are pretty mainstream today, but when they first came out not so much.

Give it another shot. first time i tried watching didnt like it either. then one thing made me laugh, so the next time it came on i paid more attention and ended up laughing my ass off.