• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:06 AM, Stringfellow said:

It was pretty good an holds up. But let's be honest, anything with Booger and the dude from Perfect Strangers is going to be a classic.

Saw Bronson Pinchot earlier this year in an old Stephen King thriller from 1995, The Langoliers.    Talk about a 180 from Perfect Strangers and Beverly Hills Cop roles. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Do they mention much about him being a seventh day Adventist? Or just a conscientious objector?

It's mentioned a few times, but the focus is more generally on his religious objections and less specifically about him being a seventh day adventist.

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

Chance of winning Oscar: 0%.

That's a goddamned shame but it's true. Mel's more than done his penance but maybe this will help to bring him back.

Meanwhile Hollywood still loves Woody Allen and Roman Polanski. Fucking hypocrites . 

Doctor Strange.  This was a weird movie.  I left not sure if I liked it or not.  Just seemed like a bunch of noise and a messy script (dare I say on a Transformers scale).  So I'm leaning on didn't like it.  Definitely lot's going on, visually.  If this was a DC movie, it would have gotten 20% rotten tomatoes. 

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Doctor Strange.  This was a weird movie.  I left not sure if I liked it or not.  Just seemed like a bunch of noise and a messy script (dare I say on a Transformers scale).  So I'm leaning on didn't like it.  Definitely lot's going on, visually.  If this was a DC movie, it would have gotten 20% rotten tomatoes. 

Soooooo, best DC movie since the Dark Knight Trilogy? SOLID.

On 11/4/2016 at 11:36 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Finally saw The Good Sheperd (Matt Damon) for the first time this week.    Long movie that did keep me mostly riveted, although true to spying, some of the storyline was hard to follow.

That movie, while long, has got to have one of the strongest payoffs of any film I've ever seen. Character study can often come off as boring, but when they meticulously craft such a well thought out character like Damon's here, this style of storytelling can be powerful. After following him from childhood, throughout his career and his entire adult life there should have been no doubt as to how he would respond to that play by the Soviets - no matter how unimaginable it would be to any of us. And of course the reveal of the long sealed suicide note at the end to cap it off with copious amounts of irony. 

I binged watched over the last couple of months (does that still count as binge watching) all 6 seasons of Game of Thrones.  Amazing show, that I didn't expect to like going into it, since I am not huge into fantasy genre.  Overall I think it is one of the single best series I have ever watched.  One of the best parts of getting caught up on it is now I can go into the very long thread about the show and read what all of you are saying about it.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I binged watched over the last couple of months (does that still count as binge watching) all 6 seasons of Game of Thrones.  Amazing show, that I didn't expect to like going into it, since I am not huge into fantasy genre.  Overall I think it is one of the single best series I have ever watched.  One of the best parts of getting caught up on it is now I can go into the very long thread about the show and read what all of you are saying about it.  

I doubt I'll ever watch this show but I feel you. I remember catching up on Breaking Bad after 2 seasons had aired. It was awesome going into the threads afterward

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I got HBO for season 6 just to stay ahead of the spoilers. Now I have to avoid people sneaking onto their set and posting spoiler pictures online. It never ends.