• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

45 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Saw the first half of the Finale. Looks like some interesting cliffhangers might finish off the season. 

Yeah you could say that....I have mixed feelings about the finale. I guess I need some time to digest all of that. 

I'm interested i seeing what you think of part 2. 

I cringed at that line, haha. 

The finale seemed short because it was originally going to be two hours long (last week's and yesterday's combined).

Also, the first few S2 episodes were ~55minutes so I'm guessing they had to compensate for that. 

watched the season premier of Designated Survivor last night. new show where keifer sutherland is one of the president's cabinet members (sec. of transportation?) and is the designated survivor during the state of the union. the capitol is blown up during the speech and sutherland suddenly finds himself being sworn in as the new president. good first episode, and it looks promising.

Just now, mrwicked said:

what are the good movies out now?

as a security nerd i want to see snowden. 

i also love westerns, but not sure how magnificent seven will be.

i might just put in seven samurai or the original at home instead and get the real deal

You could watch Sully.  But @HaloCory22 already ruined the exciting parts.  I plan on watching Magnificent Seven just because I like westerns.  But I agree, probably not going to be as good as Seven Samurai or the original Magnificent Seven.  I should probably see both of those again, since it's been decades since I've seen them.  Then again, probably won't see them till after I watch the new one so I won't be overly disappointed.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

You could watch Sully.  But @HaloCory22 already ruined the exciting parts.  I plan on watching Magnificent Seven just because I like westerns.  But I agree, probably not going to be as good as Seven Samurai or the original Magnificent Seven.  I should probably see both of those again, since it's been decades since I've seen them.  Then again, probably won't see them till after I watch the new one so I won't be overly disappointed.

I'm looking forward to the Magnificent Seven. I think I'm always intrigued by westerns because they give characters a lot of room to breathe and become larger than life (think Val Kilmer in Tombstone). And I like the idea of seeing Denzel Washington and Chris Pratt work together in that sort of setup. It'll either be very good or a bit disappointing IMO, but I definitely want to find out.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

i'm not sure why you didn't just come out and say "hey tank, come on over and let's have a movie marathon!" but i still saw your cleverly couched messaged in there for me. where are we meeting and what kind of salad should i bring?

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm not sure why you didn't just come out and say "hey tank, come on over and let's have a movie marathon!" but i still saw your cleverly couched messaged in there for me. where are we meeting and what kind of salad should i bring?

Salad?  Why don't we compromise.  Bring 10 Double Doubles, but throw everything away but the lettuce and tomato.  Why?  Because we can.  So make sure you take a picture of all the double doubles in the trash and email the picture to @nate.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Salad?  Why don't we compromise.  Bring 10 Double Doubles, but throw everything away but the lettuce and tomato.  Why?  Because we can.  So make sure you take a picture of all the double doubles in the trash and email the picture to @nate.

consider it done, my friend! you got lettuce, you got tomato, you got thousand island dressing, and BAM! you got salad!! who needs all those carbs from the buns?

On 9/18/2016 at 3:12 PM, Tank said:

Sully - A

wife and i saw it this morning. while they spend plenty of time showing you the forced water landing and what was going on behind the scenes, the focus of the movie was the NTSB investigation into whether or not they could have (and should have) landed the plane at an airport. it was very well done and struck all the right emotional chords. the special effects were very good.

th1.jpg

Chilling at the crowne plaza Sacramento right now. Here to sing for a convention of people who build churches and schools around the world -Maranatha Volunteers Worldwide. You know how your garbage truck has that automated arm that grabs the can and lifts it up to empty it into the truck? The inventor of is a part of this team.  We'LL be broadcast on the Hope Channel, channel 368 for those with Directv, tonight at 7:00 and tomorrow afternoon at 2:00 (we think that's the schedule). Will update later as needed.