• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

11 hours ago, nate said:

My wife watched the first two Hunger Games movies.  What a bunch of crap they are.  Just two hours of screaming and heavy breathing and not in a sexy way.

The target audience is jr. high aged girls. Though you meet that particular height requirement, you miss out on the rest of their demographic target.

at least I hope you do.

Star Trek Beyond.  Very enjoyable movie.  Really thought it was original, as I couldn't see a correlation to any previous Star Trek movies.  (Might be wrong, since I'm not a Trekkie)  But they put some old in with the new.  Big screen does play well with the movie. 

Oh, and that whole Sulu uproar that he is gay.  They even played that off well. 

5 hours ago, cezero said:

as a teacher of 9th graders, i read the first book. it was bad.  the first movie was bad, too. 

but honestly, the 2nd and 3rd/4th movies weren't so bad to me, though there was no reason to turn the 3rd book into 2 movies. but there's a reason the interest in the last couple of films dwindled. in short.  most of the tween girls and boys who read the series had grown up a little. 

i'd also add that while the target audience for the book was indeed tween girls, it was extremely popular among adults of all ages. sad, but true. 

The second, third and fourth movies were even worse.  There was nothing original about them, every ten minutes were like dejavu.  I asked my wife why she watched them and at the end her response was "I am not sure, it was a waste of time."

This is what happens when there are a shitload of storms so you can't go anywhere and you have a kid that isn't old enough to watch adult shows.

Watched the first episode of "The Night of" last night, seems pretty legit.  Hopefully shows like this and True Detective will get HBO back on the map and start making quality shows again. I did find it odd that Tony Soprano is executive producer, seems like he's been dead for quite awhile.  How long does a "network" sit on a show?  I'm going to love Jon Turturro in this role, he's always good.  

just finished watching "woman in gold." it's the story of an austrian woman who survived WWII and was trying to reclaim art the nazis stole from her family at the beginning of the war. it's well done. i'm a big fan of true stories like this turned into film (as long as they're done well). if you saw "monuments men" and liked it, you'd probably like this movie.

15 hours ago, Tony said:

This season of Ray Donovan is some of the best shit I've seen on tv. There have been no filler episodes and each episode is better than the last.

I'm 4 episodes into season 3 and I think every episode of the entire series so far has been a blast. Such a fun show. 

On 7/22/2016 at 10:58 PM, cezero said:

Odds are pretty good you won't like it. The pacing and character development are what make it great, and it's a real slow burn for payoff. 

For me, it came out in a great era of episodic tv on HBO (The Sopranos, Six Feet Under), and was the best of the bunch.  Every episode was extraordinary. 

Odds are? Just because I thought the first 2 episodes were't that spectacular? I have no problem with the pacing, as I'm in it for the long haul. The Killing was a deliberately paced crime drama as well, and I thoroughly enjoyed that series. 

On July 23, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Redondo said:

5 episodes into the Last Kingdom

Wife and I are enjoying it. Lot's of twists in the plot. Some very predictable.

I watched the first episode, and thought it was pretty poor. Obviously it won't have the budget to stack up to Game of Thrones but the writing just wasn't there. I may give it another shot.

8 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm 4 episodes into season 3 and I think every episode of the entire series so far has been a blast. Such a fun show. 

You'll dig where it goes.

I thought it went from sometimes really good subpar Sopranos to something potentially on the same level. Season 2 seemed a bit odd for how good and the direction season 3 and 4 go. I thought season 3 was fantastic and season 4 so far has picked up right where it left off.

Might be my favorite show on TV at the moment which is saying a lot considering Game of Thrones is still running.

23 hours ago, Tank said:

just finished watching "woman in gold." it's the story of an austrian woman who survived WWII and was trying to reclaim art the nazis stole from her family at the beginning of the war. it's well done. i'm a big fan of true stories like this turned into film (as long as they're done well). if you saw "monuments men" and liked it, you'd probably like this movie.

never saw Monuments Men, but I did see Stripes so I know what you mean

I had to work most of the weekend and so I could actually see my family I brought my laptop into the living room...  With all the stupid shit I have owned up to in this forum you really think I would lie about a movie with a hot chick in it?