• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 hours ago, sneaky_flute said:

You guys need to check out Outcast. It's a new Cinemax show that officially premiered last night. I'm not usually into shows about demonic possession but this is so damn bleak it's kind of refreshing. Cinemax has really improved their lineup with stuff like Banshee, The Knick, and Strike Back. 

and the whooooooole

world

loves it when you sang da blues

bah bah da, bah bah bah da da

one of my fav music videos.

Xmen Apocalypse

This was for me, equal to the mess that was Batman vs Superman.  I really did not understand the rehashing of the origins of all of the characters.  It was just a jumbled mess, because you still remember some of these characters origins and then they change it, again.  I guess anything before xmen first class is just no longer cannon, until they change it again.  Which is why MCU should be in charge of all Marvel films. 

Also, Jlaw.  I really like her in movies and selfies ;).  But it just seemed like she was in this movie a lot to make sure she was in the movie a lot.  It's like they said, let's do a mystique movie, and then make a xmen movie. 

Overall.  The special effects were nice, and probably will look better on the big screen.  But with the pandering to Jlaw, and the entire new intro's to all the characters.  It's more of a cable movie.

On a recommendation from this thread we started True Detective season 1 last night.

Finished 3 episodes last night...they are just rolling up on the suspect in his skivvies with a gas mask and machete.

Looks like it's gonna be good. The dialogue and writing so far is really interesting. 

On June 2, 2016 at 2:06 PM, nando714 said:

I stopped watching mad men, but I started it up again (season 4). It's just so slow 

On June 2, 2016 at 2:27 PM, nate said:

From the very first episode it is one of the most boring shows I have ever watched.  Pretty sure it is mostly for chicks since it is basically just a period soap opera.

On June 2, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Lawrence said:

I made it halfway through season 3 and then never got back into it.

50 years ago Matt Weiner would've just written a book, won a pulitzer prize, and had kids in high school not read it all the way through because it was too 'boring.' Now-a-days we make it into a tv show, it wins emmys, and people stop watching half way through because it's not as exciting as The Walking Dead. 

Yeah, Walking Dead fucking sucked. It reminded me of Homeland where every week you are watching the same shit.

I won't get into the whole Mad Men thing, I've heard the same thing about a few quality shows like Downton Abbey. The only thing I see that seems to be 97% accurate is people that beyond hate or talk shit on Mad Men watch shit like Family Guy or super hero movies. But I can be honest, it's not for everyone and get the slowness aspect.....I kind of felt the same way with Sopranos and even Breaking Bad, I'd start to feel like I was watching episodes just to make it through and then they would drop something badass that would keep me around and ended up being pretty epic.

But, to each their own. People like what they like.

On that note, it's kind of rad we have Game of Thrones for a couple more episodes, Peaky Blinders just came back, Ray Donovan is returning, and so is Power. I feel like I might even be missing a show or two. What a time to be alive!

I tried, unsuccessfully, to watch Pinky Blinders. It's still on my Netflicks cue but it will probably never get the attention some think it deserves. For some reason a show with horrific accents that are a pain to decipher turns me off, maybe it is the hearing issue but subtitles aren't really helping either.

My Netflicks is littered with best intentions for viewing and then I waste my time watching the Angels, MLB Channel or some Food Network show when the TV is on.

Sept through season one of Silicone Valley, enjoyed it immensely but really not that interested in following it through the next seasons. I guess I just don't want the disappointment of the characters morphing into sitcom characters and a laugh track creeping in. Then one of the jackasses will say Bazinga and the whole series will have been a waste.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I tried, unsuccessfully, to watch Pinky Blinders. It's still on my Netflicks cue but it will probably never get the attention some think it deserves. For some reason a show with horrific accents that are a pain to decipher turns me off, maybe it is the hearing issue but subtitles aren't really helping either.

My Netflicks is littered with best intentions for viewing and then I waste my time watching the Angels, MLB Channel or some Food Network show when the TV is on.

Sept through season one of Silicone Valley, enjoyed it immensely but really not that interested in following it through the next seasons. I guess I just don't want the disappointment of the characters morphing into sitcom characters and a laugh track creeping in. Then one of the jackasses will say Bazinga and the whole series will have been a waste.

Is that the show about breast implants?

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

When it comes to TV I tend to judge based on the cover. That's a lousy title.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

This happens to me as well but if the Angels keep sucking as bad as they have been, I might be able to get through most of my queue.

10 hours ago, Adam said:

I finished True Detective Season 1. It definitely lived up to the hype. Awesome show. I guess I'll pass on season 2 since no one liked it. 

It's good, it's just that season 1 was so badass you really couldn't follow up. In retrospect I kind of like it more than when it was happening and all we kept talking about was how it wasn't as good as season 1 so we all thought it sucked.

It wasn't bad and had some good moments. A little weird at times with what's going on or what they are trying to accomplish, but by the end it all comes together.

Honestly, I've kind of wanted to watch it again. There was a couple "oh shit!!" moments with the season.

Or we can just cuddle and watch Mad Men, talk about how awesome Roger is, and be blow each other while the chicks watch since chicks need to be present for the show to play.

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

I like it, but think it's overrated and even myself, I am having a hard time dragging myself to watch the new season out.

It's not bad, but I think it does have it's lulls. But when it's good, it's good.

Another crime drama, but in an old English setting. Nothing really new or different, just a good watch if you like the genre. It's not on the Sopranos, Wire, or Breaking Bad level, but you could do a lot worse.

I think I was reading something that they have scrapped the True Detective series altogether with the lack of success season 2 had....although, the execs did come out and take blame for being business oriented and pushing deadlines instead of letting the writers create a good product. They were more worried about getting something out there to piggyback the success of the first season and it wasn't as good because it was rushed.

Those same exec's seem to allude to the show being canned and them and Nick Pizzolatto working on a new project or having him focus on other HBO projects.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:39 AM, Adam said:

I finished True Detective Season 1. It definitely lived up to the hype. Awesome show. I guess I'll pass on season 2 since no one liked it. 

Funny...I hadn't even heard about it until it was brought up here. Pretty intense series.

Loved it.

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

I think I was reading something that they have scrapped the True Detective series altogether with the lack of success season 2 had....although, the execs did come out and take blame for being business oriented and pushing deadlines instead of letting the writers create a good product. They were more worried about getting something out there to piggyback the success of the first season and it wasn't as good because it was rushed.

Those same exec's seem to allude to the show being canned and them and Nick Pizzolatto working on a new project or having him focus on other HBO projects.

yeah i thought season two they just tried to do too much. and ran out of runway.

it went from deep dive into two characters during season one, to trying to do it for four. but basically every character was exactly the same - a dark and brooding alcoholic.