• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Count me in on hating Cloverfield.  One of the most overrated movies of all time.

I finally saw The Ladykillers on Showtime.  Just one more Coen movie and I will have seen all.  That movie is The Man Who Wasn't There.  They're my favorite directors.

I also saw Lost In Translation on the same network.  Great movie and performance by Murray and even Johansson who I think is an overrated actress in most movies but this is easily her best performance.  Oddly enough, she's in the aforementioned Coen movie I have yet to see.

23 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

I finally saw The Ladykillers on Showtime.  Just one more Coen movie and I will have seen all.  That movie is The Man Who Wasn't There.  They're my favorite directors.

I also saw Lost In Translation on the same network.  Great movie and performance by Murray and even Johansson who I think is an overrated actress in most movies but this is easily her best performance.  Oddly enough, she's in the aforementioned Coen movie I have yet to see.

Coens are also my favorite directors. Had seen all Coen movies before, but a couple months ago, I marathoned all their movies in about two week span, in order. Good times.

The Ladykillers and Intolerable Cruelty are their only movies I count as a "low" points, but still above average.

21 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I watch Wheeler Dealers. It's fun to read their Facebook page, to see all of the Brits bitching about all of the American cars they are restoring. They don't seem to realize that the show has an international following now.

is that the one with the british guys. the skinny dude is the mechanic and the other guy's job is to to just buy/sell them?

agreed, very fun show.

That's the one. The mechanic is 6'7", and watching him get into low slung sports cars is interesting.

Mike Brewer is the sales guy, and Edd China is the mechanic. Mike owns a used car sales shop in the UK, and Edd owns a repair shop. Mike does live streaming feeds on Facebook occasionally.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

The Nice Guys -- 4.5/5

This movie is the one I was most excited for this year. I loved it. It had good comedy and good action. Gosling was terrific; as was Crowe. Angourie Rice also stole the show. Highly recommended. It really is a shame that it bombed at the box office. It's such an original film in an industry full of high scale blockbusters and stupid movies based off of brands and games. 

I have been a Deadliest Catch fan ever since the show premiered. However, I am very disappointed in what has to be Discovery Channel's laziest effort yet in developing supporting programming. Their lead-in show is basically a rebroadcast of the previous week's show with a few tidbits of information and a couple of brief interviews thrown in. After the second week, I stopped recording it.

On 5/24/2016 at 4:53 PM, cezero said:

yeah, road house is a guilty pleasure for me.

the big short was fun because it took a boring subject matter (for me), and managed to make it more of a character piece than i would have imagined possible. i can see why so many good actors were attracted to it.

Just downloaded the book to my kindle. Next trip ill give it a read. Been reading internet pieces the last few days about it. Really interesting, and almost kind of suprising more werent involved (but then maybe the pieces are more hindsight and it wasnt as easy to presict as they make it seem now). Anyone catch "too big to fail" on hbo? I missed it but saw its on amazon prime.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just downloaded the book to my kindle. Next trip ill give it a read. Been reading internet pieces the last few days about it. Really interesting, and almost kind of suprising more werent involved (but then maybe the pieces are more hindsight and it wasnt as easy to presict as they make it seem now). Anyone catch "too big to fail" on hbo? I missed it but saw its on amazon prime.

That's great.

Never knew Road House was based on a book