• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

just got back from seeing captain america: civil war. good movie and i enjoyed it, though i sat a little too close (row 4) to appreciate the headache-inducing hands-cam. 

neither my brother nor i enjoy seeing the heroes fight with each other. it certainly helps create needed tension in the movie and leads to the obvious and pivotal parts in the film, but i hope it'll be resolved in the next episode.

i like the characters of red wing, black panther, and the chick with the forcefield thingy, but we don't know much about their stories. i imagine that'll be addressed when they get their own films in the next few years, assuming that's what happens.

adding spiderman and ant man were good ideas. spiderman had the best line of the movie when he told tony stark "i can't go to germany. i have homework." however, i'm not very interested in their proclamation that spiderman "will be back." the last thing we need is yet another restart to the spiderman series. but then again, if marisa tomei reprises her role as aunt may, it might make it worth seeing. 

and my question is why? we had three spiderman movies with toby maguire and then two more with that british dude who was screwed over by Facebook. why another restart on a series that has barely had time to collect dust?

39 minutes ago, Tank said:

last night i caught the last 40 minutes of anchorman 2. wow, it was absolutely crap-tastic. what a spectacular waste of time and talent. glad it was on the epix free preview weekend.

There really wasn't that much talent wasted. I think you can figure out why. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i like the characters of red wing, black panther, and the chick with the forcefield thingy, but we don't know much about their stories. i imagine that'll be addressed when they get their own films in the next few years, assuming that's what happens.

adding spiderman and ant man were good ideas. spiderman had the best line of the movie when he told tony stark "i can't go to germany. i have homework." however, i'm not very interested in their proclamation that spiderman "will be back." the last thing we need is yet another restart to the spiderman series. but then again, if marisa tomei reprises her role as aunt may, it might make it worth seeing. 

Black Panther is actually going to have a movie coming out next year I think. 

And yes, Marisa Tomei is going to be in it.  This one spiderman will be different than the rest, since this will actually be part of the MCU.  So hopefully this rehashing of the same story that they did with Spiderman and Amazing Spider Man will be done with. 

I am also excited for S3 of The Fall. Great, great show.

I'm watching Game of Throne and Silicon Valley (& re-watching Boardwalk Empire). Oh, and Last Man on Earth.

Edited by failos

Watched a few spy movies this weekend.

Saw the Man from UNCLE. It was a fun action comedy. Nothing too great and nothing bad. Maybe it was a little long but I'll watch a sequel if they make one.

I also watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. This is one I'll have to watch. I'm usually great at figuring out whodunits but this one had me guessing until the end. I was a little confused at the end. I wasn't paying 100% attention the whole time and this seems like a movie that needs it. 

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

The Way, Way Back  - 8/10

Solid coming of age flick. Had some great comedic scenes. I really enjoyed it from start to finish. It flew by. I've been on a big coming of age run lately. 

i enjoyed that movie as well. just a well done fllm. 

Edited by mrwicked

5 hours ago, cezero said:

I've been talking about The Fall on here for awhile. It's so good. Anderson's character is enigmatic in a good way, and a perfect complement to Dornan's serial killer. 

She is certainly enigmatic, I just don't find her particularly likable. Dornan really makes the show fantastic, though.

It's a must watch, nonetheless. 

Some awesome movie trailers this weekend.

The Free Town of Jones with Matthew Mcconaughey looks amazing.  He is such a good actor, I really look forward to it.

The Infiltrator with Bryan Cranston looks really good too.  About the undercovers that took down Pablo Escobar.

New Bourne movie which is always entertaining.

Edited by nate

On April 26, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Steve Sanders said:

Fantastic script? It's a book adaption dumbed down for the average Joe to understand the mortgage crash/recession. I still know people, and had a conversation with a 30 broker, over the weekend about the movie as they didn't understand the secondary market....thus the movie.

The one thing I like is Christian Bale's character in real life is extremely quirky and he seems to pass it off with flying colors.

On May 10, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Lou said:

Very nice script? It's a book adaption dumbed down for the average Joe to understand the different New York burroughs 

Get it now? 

So, I've been watching Hannibal. Such a fantastic show, and a very intelligent one. I'm still on Season 1, but it's been a slow burn so far. 

Mads Mikkelsen is a brilliant actor.

26 minutes ago, cezero said:

It was so good. I'm still really bummed it got cancelled. 

Each season goes further and further into the rabbit hole of insanity for pretty much every character. It's freakish and awesome. 

I can't believe it was on network tv, even at 10 pm. 

I know, it is very dark for a network tv show––but It's also too slow and clever for network tv viewers. I'm surprised it lasted 3 seasons, considering. 

It's too bad a different network didn't pick it up. I know Amazon (and Netflix too?) was considering it, but passed.

9 hours ago, rallycat said:

I know, it is very dark for a network tv show––but It's also too slow and clever for network tv viewers. I'm surprised it lasted 3 seasons, considering. 

It's too bad a different network didn't pick it up. I know Amazon (and Netflix too?) was considering it, but passed.

I loved the show too but I couldn't get into that final season.  It was all over the place and I found myself losing interest.  It is a show you have to pay attention too and with a baby it isn't always easy to do.