• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I stopped watching it about halfway through season 2. I just didn't care about any of the characters anymore. 

About 16 episodes into season 1. Finally have some interesting plots going on. Still corny in many ways. 8 guys with machine guns and the girls with no armor or protection shot them with pistols.

The writers could have done so much more with this show. Better to stretch out episodes for 3 or 4 instead of always trying to solve everything in 1 show.

Not sure I will watch season 2.

I watched the whole season. 

Not much talent, IMO. Laporsha was good at trills/melisma, but had very little range.

The guy who won has crazy talent.  All about finding a good producer now. 

Harry Connick Jr is a very good songwriter for his genre, but dude cannot sing. Neither can JLo, who is a joke. Urban isn't good at writing or singing.  So **** their opinions. 

Idol has been a joke for a long time, so no biggie.

The J Lo bit was absurd. My wife thinks Keith Urban is dreamy.

If anyone watches Brooklyn 99 last night's episode (4/12/16) was one of the best half hours of sitcom I've seen in a long time. Dennis Haysbert was a perfect guest star.

Yeah, it was awesome.  Maybe their best episode ever.

I was watching The Wire on HBO Go until Frontier took over Verizon Fios. Then my log in gets kicked to a page telling me I'm not subscribed. So I call up Frontier and I get someone who has no clue in customer service that sends me to Tech Support. These are 20 minute waits between connections so I'm not th happiest camper listening to there two distorted piano tunes over and over.

So Tech Support comes on line and I have to go through the entire game of account authentication and he checks and yes I do have HBO and I do pay my bill but then he tells me I have to call HBO to resolve this. I say, uh no, you are the service provider, you are who I pay so your are the people that have to sort this mess out. He denies any responsibility and gives me the phone number again.

So I call HBO, they take less than a minute to answer the line, in English, and of course it is exactly what I knew the guy would say. They are not the account holder, they just send a ticket request to my service provider, in this case Frontier, when I log in and it either gets accepted or denied by Frontier. So back to square one.

I call another Frontier number and get another customer service rep that wants to feed me the same horse crap and I say, no, give me your supervisor this needs to be sorted out, I'm paying you for service I'm not getting. So I get the supervisor that wants to know where I got their number and I said when I get kicked out of my log on page on HBO GO this is the number that is provided. I read word for word what the page said and wanted to know why I'm getting the run around at Frontier. She makes some excuse how it is a big transition and Verizon wanted this, and I cut her off saying Frontier bought this service, they wanted it and they are not providing service so when do I get my service restored and I want to be credited for loss of service. I also told her that Frontier is failing big time in customer service by ot answering truthfully why service is interrupted instead of a script telling people to call a third parry.

Well she doesn't know about that (another lie) so I respond I don't care what you didn't know, now you do, a customer has a valid complaint, push that complaint upstairs and tell them to quit playing corporate games and just be honest, you are not fully online yet. You will have to credit accounts but you will alienate fewer customers. That means less attrition to your cheaper competition. Deaf ears, she stonily says service should return on the 13th and my account will be credited. End call.

Edited by notti

Penny and shaq were pretty unreal together. That was right around the changing of the guard from the 80s legends to the 90s guys making their own legends.

Its funny, a lot of people judge athletes on rings. And basketball really is one of the few sports that one guy can carry a team. But think about how many guys out there would have had at least one ring if not more...if they only missed jordan's era. Really cant think of a more dominant athlete for US sports. Maybe bill russell?

I saw Everybody Wants Some!! at the Laemmle in Claremont yesterday.  It's sad that this has yet to expand to big theaters while awful looking sitcom junk like The Boss is everywhere.  This movie is so awesome.

Also, I finally got to see Boyhood on Showtime to tie in with it regarding Linklater.  That last scene Arquette has is heartbreaking and slightly hit home since I'm now in my mid 30s and realizing I have to make the most of my life now.

Can't wait to watch Brooklyn 99, I like the show a lot, and if you guys are saying it is one of the best episodes the show has had, I can't wait.

Nate and I talk about B99 quite a bit. This episode was definitely top 5 for me.