• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

we practiced air raid drills in elementary school. we learned that we could safely hide under out desks in case of a nuclear attack!

went to school in torrance, right next door to redondo beach/hawthorne where trw and hughes aircraft were located. we'd have been vaporized pretty quickly. oh, and we also had a cia facility there as well. remember the movie The Falcon and the Snowman? 

strange 

we were busy doing school work. 

Edited by Lou

The only sitcom I watch: New Girl

I've been watching it for several years, it's a funny show.

For me it's a lot like Seinfeld.  Initially that show was about Jerry, then it became more and more about Jerry's wacky friends.  Same thing is happening on New Girl.

In this season of New Girl, Jess (Zooey Deschanel) was out on maternity leave, and they had Megan Fox take her place for a few episodes.  It was just as funny without her because the other characters are really funny.

New Girl is great.  

saw an episode of "botched" this afternoon, about people with plastic surgeries that went bad and needed them fixed.

or so i thought.

turned out to be about people who think their natural body was botched and wanted to fix things that most of us don't think need to be fixed. there was the one chick who just couldn't leave well enough alone, the chick who thought she was some famous, incredible sex symbol (never heard of or saw her before), and some 350 lb. chick who went to the tanning salon every day.

the only legit person was some girl who wanted a repair job on the horrible surgery scar she bore from having the removal of an undeveloped twin when both were in the womb. surgeons left a terrible scar. didn't see the end of the show so don't know how it turned out.

there are a lot of screwed up people out there with some major body issues.

Half way through season 2 of Happy Valley. Not as good as season 1 so far.

Make sure you use subtitles or you will miss a lot of words. They use phrases we are not familiar with. Hard to believe they are speaking English and it's so hard to understand.

Botched

I've watched a few with my wife. They do have people come in there for only cosmetic work and since it's a TV show they bring in some really strange people. This takes away from the show IMO, but I'm sure they do it for ratings.

There are people that come with legitimate issues with botched surgeries. It's really shocking to see how some doctors have mutilated these surgeries. Some people can't even take off their clothes around others. Do not take short cuts and try to save money when having plastic surgery is the theme of this show.

The doctors on this show allow you to watch some of the surgery which I like and they are excellent in fixing the bad ones.

my big fat greek wedding 2

took the wife and daughter to see it this afternoon. i won't bother rating it here because it's not a movie many of you will see. enjoyed it as a sequel to the original, and recommend it as a decent date night movie. you younger guys probably wouldn't care about it.

I forgot about that one. I saw the first 3? I think. Time to catch up.

All the episodes are good except for one that is all about Marcia Clark--I mean, the entire episode is about her and her personal life. Not sure why it was necessary. I've been really impressed by the acting on the show. Everybody is nailing it.

Edited by Ray McKigney

The Big Short

Being/having been in the industry before, during, and after the financial crisis I thought they did a good job making a film for everyday Joe to understand. They still throw in jargon like LTV and sub prime a little too much, but remembering the build up and collapse it pretty much was solid.

While there was blame to go to everyone from banks offering those NINA type loans (no income, no asset) to borrowers signing documents stating they made 90k a year as a janitor......at the end of the day what made the collapse was the big banks packaging these terrible loans into AAA portfolios and selling them on Wall Street. I thought they nailed that aspect and using the Jenga visual was proper because of the collapse effect, but also the risk/reward aspect with how these portfolios were paid or made money. You still have risk and placement with sub prime loans, but what you make them A paper portfolios and pass them off to the public and Wall Street as A performing portfolios there is a huge fraud issue.

I still think it's a niche movie and don't think most would be into it even though they threw in the stars and made it pretty vanilla. Surprised it 2as nominated like it was.