• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Just finished all 3 seasons of Lilyhammer

Quite predictable. Lacking in certain episodes and can be really far fetched.

But writers did a good job keeping it going and tying all the craziness together. Had some good laughs along the way. Scenery was nice to see since I live in  the desert.

I watched from From Dusk to Dawn with my son yesterday. Keitel and Clooney are classic in that movie.

love dusk til dawn!

i put it on every other month or so after bar hopping or in the background while I'm cleaning.

the soundtrack is awesome too.

but the Satanico Pandemonium scene always needs your full attention.

06130ca27055b57b6246ba7584ba7904.jpg

Triple 9 - 3.5/5

I thought I posted this already, guess not. It was a good film, not great. I went in with high expectations but lowered them a bit with initial reviews. I saw it opening weekend and left somewhat satisfied yet knowing there was so much more that could have been. For me, its easily in the lower half of John Hillcoat's films. I had such high expectations for this at one point...I would recommend it, but don't expect a truly great crime drama ala Heat or Training Day. Lower your expectations and expect a Harsh Times type of film.

10 Cloverfield Lane - 4/5

I literally just got out of this film. I never saw the first Cloverfield; but I was told that it was not necessary for this film. The first 2/3 of the film were incredibly good. John Goodman was exceptional. The last 3rd of the film kind of lowered my score a bit but I still highly recommend it. Its a short film that flies by, as well.

The Town (alternate ending) - 4.25/5

I'm much more partial to the alternate ending to the Town. Its much more likable and believable, IMO. Spent yesterday watching two films with my Wife. She had never seen this film before. Still a damn good film.

Gone Baby Gone - 4/5

This is the other film I watched with my Wife yesterday. I guess it was a Ben Affleck kind of day? Damn! Should have watched Gigli! Solid solid film. I prefer Casey Affleck to his brother in terms of acting. I wonder when they'll make a movie together?

House of Cards: Season Four - 4/5

After season 3, my expectations were in the gutter. I felt the first two seasons were extremely solid and last year completely fell on its face. This season was much better than the third but also had moments where it fell on its face. With that said, I still enjoyed it. I really do hope Kevin Spacey gets some sort of accolade for his portrayal of President Underwood. He's such a phenomenal actor.

Now, bring on Daredevil season 2 this Friday!

Edited by Ducks_Make_Me_Drink

Casey & Ben have acted in two movies together: Chasing Amy and Good Will Hunting.

Ben directed and co-wrote the screenplay for Gone Baby Gone, in which Casey played the role of Patrick.

Gone Baby Gone - 4/5

This is the other film I watched with my Wife yesterday. I guess it was a Ben Affleck kind of day? Damn! Should have watched Gigli! Solid solid film. I prefer Casey Affleck to his brother in terms of acting. I wonder when they'll make a movie together?

Edited by Mark68

Triple 9 - 3.5/5

I thought I posted this already, guess not. It was a good film, not great. I went in with high expectations but lowered them a bit with initial reviews. I saw it opening weekend and left somewhat satisfied yet knowing there was so much more that could have been. For me, its easily in the lower half of John Hillcoat's films. I had such high expectations for this at one point...I would recommend it, but don't expect a truly great crime drama ala Heat or Training Day. Lower your expectations and expect a Harsh Times type of film.

10 Cloverfield Lane - 4/5

I literally just got out of this film. I never saw the first Cloverfield; but I was told that it was not necessary for this film. The first 2/3 of the film were incredibly good. John Goodman was exceptional. The last 3rd of the film kind of lowered my score a bit but I still highly recommend it. Its a short film that flies by, as well.

The Town (alternate ending) - 4.25/5

I'm much more partial to the alternate ending to the Town. Its much more likable and believable, IMO. Spent yesterday watching two films with my Wife. She had never seen this film before. Still a damn good film.

Gone Baby Gone - 4/5

House of Cards: Season Four - 4/5

After season 3, my expectations were in the gutter. I felt the first two seasons were extremely solid and last year completely fell on its face. This season was much better than the third but also had moments where it fell on its face. With that said, I still enjoyed it. I really do hope Kevin Spacey gets some sort of accolade for his portrayal of President Underwood. He's such a phenomenal actor.

Now, bring on Daredevil season 2 this Friday!

Pretty solid reviews.

I thought you copied and pasted my review for Triple 9 at first. Spot on....I feel like they left some on the table or could have made some tweaks that had this be at the Town/Heat level.

Haven't seen Gone Baby Gone in a while, but that movie is awesome. One of the few that every viewing had me talk about it with the person I watched it with. 

Haven't seen Cloverfield 10 and not into that genre, but the reviews are pretty solid.

The Town is probably my favorite movie, definitely one that I've watched the most. I've seen the alternate ending on Youtube because I can't find the collectors edition with the alternate endings. The only movie I have two copies of.....reg and blu-ray.

House of Cards 4 was similar for me. Really well done and a solid boost after season 3.

Pretty solid reviews.

I thought you copied and pasted my review for Triple 9 at first. Spot on....I feel like they left some on the table or could have made some tweaks that had this be at the Town/Heat level.

Haven't seen Gone Baby Gone in a while, but that movie is awesome. One of the few that every viewing had me talk about it with the person I watched it with. 

Haven't seen Cloverfield 10 and not into that genre, but the reviews are pretty solid.

The Town is probably my favorite movie, definitely one that I've watched the most. I've seen the alternate ending on Youtube because I can't find the collectors edition with the alternate endings. The only movie I have two copies of.....reg and blu-ray.

House of Cards 4 was similar for me. Really well done and a solid boost after season 3.

I have two copies of The Town on blu ray because I have issues. Do you ever visit bluray.com ?

I saw 10 CL based off of a few friends reviews. That really isn't my genre either, but I really enjoyed it. 

No, I actually stopped buying movies a long time ago because I just got tired of the clutter. But The Town was on HBO or one of the movie channels pretty consistently about a couple months back and aside from already having watched it so many times (one of the few movies in my life I've seen multiple times while it was in theaters), I decided to grab the blu-ray one day at Target knowing I'd at least watch it. I think the blu-ray version is called the collectors edition and that's how I found out there is an ultimate collectors edition with a bit more behind the scenes stuff and the alternate ending.

After I posted I looked up the movie again and agree with the reviews that I saw. Just a perfectly paced movie, solid character development, and the perfect mix with the drama/action/romance, and one of my favorite soundtracks....the score is just top notch (the track that plays during the main heist is one of the best and perfect songs for a scene) and it even has a great Ray LaMontagne song play during the credits.

I'm always watching crime flicks and own a bunch of these on the scroll bar, but wanted to give a viewing to some of these....mainly the older ones or foreign films:

best crime movies

X-Files mini series

Started off ok, then episode 3 was kind of eh...

the last 3 episodes were pretty solid, especially "Babylon"

epic cliff-hanger in the season finale

Overall I liked the miniseries and will definitely watch next season.  As far as episode 3 goes it was completely out of left field and corny which is in line with some of the episodes they had from the original seasons.  Every now and then they seemed to have fun with an over the top episode that had nothing to do with the overall plot line and episode 3 seemed to fit that perfectly.    

I was excited to hear of the X-Files mini series, but thought episode 1 was a serious letdown. Terrible acting (Scully is good though) and corny dialogue, but the storyline seemed interesting enough. I just haven't had the interest to getting around to watch the remainder. Good to hear that it gets somewhat better, that gives me hope. 

House of Cards S4 was great. Much better than S3, obviously.

I disagree with whoever said it ended a the wrong time.

I just didn't like how it ended on a huge cliffhanger. Should've scrapped some of the filler side stories that no one cares about and wrapped things up better. There are a lot questions left unanswered headed into s5, which is probably what they were aiming for.

Overall great season though. I'm just nitpicking.

Edited by Mr. Meeseeks

Uh, yeah. They already announced there was going to be a season 5. Every season has been a "cliffhanger", so no different.

The only thing different is nothing will be as badass as a season ender where a dude knocks on his desk twice. Oh, and when Frank does his solo camera talks someone else is in it.

The only thing I didn't like of the season (and this goes for any show) is the dream sequence/hallucinogen type stuff. Seemed random and thrown in.