• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Top 10 Coen Bros movies (this was tough. I've not seen Barton Fink, Millers Crossing or Blood Simple for many years. Need to rewatch. I own Burn After Reading but for some reason I've never watched it. With that in mind...

1. The Big Lebowski

2. Fargo

3. No Country For Old Men

4. Hudsucker Proxy

5. A Serious Man

6. Raising Arizona

7. O Brother Where Art Thou

8. True Grit

9. Blood Simple

10. Millers Crossing

I've started rewatching all their movies this month in chronological order, currently sitting on No Country next. Would definitely recommend giving Miller's Crossing another look if it's been a long time. I remember liking it the first time I saw it about 10 years ago, but my appreciation for it rose a ton this time around. Might have helped that I've recently read Dashiel Hammett's The Glass Key and Red Harvest over the last year, so might have put me in the right headspace. Turturro is amazing in it.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

latest episode of downton abbey. sucks that its the final season. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've seen the whole season and the final episode, the Christmas Special. It was a little sad that it was 'The End' but it had pretty much run it's course, and it was time to wrap it...which they did....well. What an excellent series.

yeah.

honestly the last few episodes have been kind of sup-bar, purley because you can tell they are wrapping everything up nice and tidy (and granted doing a great job of it but it all feels a little too easy).

sucks to end, but i agree it has run its course.

have you tried any other BBC shows? we are going to check out mercy street.

I really wish I could show O Brother when my 9th graders work on The Odyssey. 

Even though it's only PG-13, I can't get my admin to approve. 

we watched it when we read the odyssey.

boo to your admin.

also totally off topic but show them "rosencrantz and gildenstern are dead." i remember that being a fun movie when studying shakespeare (but haven't seen it since HS).

have you tried any other BBC shows? we are going to check out mercy street.

Don't know Mercy Street...but I've been a Brit TV fan since "Are you being served."

Most recently the Broadchurch series 1-2 were amazingly good.

All the Inspector Morse, and its prequel Endeavor are really, really, good, as are pretty much all of the Crime and Mystery shows the Brits are so good at.

Inspector Lewis also came from the Morse series, but it is newer (still being made) Midsomer Murders and Luther are damn good.

I personally liked "A Touch of Frost" so there are a few for you...oh and Foyles War is well worth checking out, too.

I also recommend "Call the Midwife" especially if you are watching with the fairer half..

I could go on...but others might add a few I might not be thinking of right now.

Not a Ryan Reynolds fan?!?!?  Well, obviously you haven't seen....

....yeah, I've got nothing at all. 

That's because he sucks. How many times can that asshole shit the bed and continue to get starring roles? All the movies he starred in previous to Deadpool made about ten bucks combined at the box office. Unfortunately, now that Deadpool is a hit, we're going to be seeing his dumb ass all over the place.

I ****ing love Ryan Reynolds

You're part of the problem.

I want to see Deadpool because I've heard so many good things about it. I just hate Ryan Reynolds so f*cking much though. He's the male equivalent of Jennifer Garner. Can't act for shit.

I have a little mancrush on Ryan Reynolds, and I'm not very proud of it.

Watched Creed last night. I think someone else in this thread mentioned it was the best out of the series since Rocky II. This would also be my assessment. Really entertaining movie. You can definitely tell the writer/director is a fan of the franchise, but he avoids all the cheesy aspects that are present in Rocky III and IV.

Any movie set in Soviet Russia that has the fans change their allegiance from Drago to Rocky by the end of the fight is not cheesy.

thats whats always pissed me off about reagan. He gets all kinds of credit for atanding up to the soviets. It was an illiterate italian with a devastating hook that ended the cold war with heart, and a decent speech at the end.

Sprinkle in how paulie turned his robot into a slut, the chipmunk christmas song, and the best training montage in history and you have america.

Plus that james brown intro for apollo

Started to watch Luther episode 1. Wife and I did not like it as it felt forced. Didn't even make it to the end.

How did this get 5 stars?

Anyone else have any input on this show?

it's a great f'n show!  One of my favorites in years. 

because of Luther,  about 80% of my television viewing is from BBC

I went to three film in four days

Deadpool

Revenant

Their Finest Hour

There was a line for Deadpool on Sunday but not a completely packed theater. Some idiot brought his 5 year old that was already crying in line. I'm sure the kid will be in a bell tower in 10-15 years raining bullets down on the populace thanks to Dad's parenting skills. The opening credits were the best I've seen since Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Unfortunately there was no mention of a moose.

Revenant was a mid day viewing, there were only about a couple dozen in the theater. Lot's of glorious shots of snow covered mountains, some interesting characters then the stupid shoot someone off a horse with a flintlock while riding on a horse full speed then surviving a 100 foot drop off a cliff after being mauled by a bear the same week. That and the nemesis Indian tribe just happens to wander through the entire expanse at all the exactly right and wrong times. I estimated about four gallons more fake blood used in Revenant than Deadpool. 

Their Finest Hour was another mid day showing. Only five in the theater including me and the projector was broken so we started late. They moved us to another room that didn't have anyone in it for that films showing. That movie? Zoolander 2.

Their Finest Hour was definitely a Disney film, all hell breaks loose on a New England oil freighter, it snaps in half in an epic storm and not one single cuss word. A small Coast Guard crew is ordered out into the storm, not a single muttered cuss word as the boat is tossed around like a cork in a wading pool of kids. They find the back half of the freighter in this storm and not a single Holy Shit from any of the crew on the rescue boat or the tanker. If there was a cuss word it slipped by me, I may have been dulled to it from the previous two films.

It is why Disney can't produce Deadpool or Revenant. That and they won't budget for 100 gallons of fake blood, I think there were only two minor head cuts in that film. But I found entertainment value out of all three films.

Edited by notti