• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

NYPD Blue is a great tv show. Longest-running one-hour primetime series on ABC. Ran for 12 seasons from 1993-2005.

They just finished playing every episode on the Audience channel (Directv). One episode per day. They started over again from the beginning so if you start now you'll be in Season 1.

first episode of the new season of The Good Wife

much better than last season already

edit: yes, the title of the show absolutely kills the potential for new audiences. pisses me off because it's easily the best drama on network tv right now, and right up there with the shows on premium channels. 

The Good Wife is such a fantastic show. You wouldn't expect to find a good drama on CBS of all places, but it's very good. 

I stopped watching 2 years ago because life got in the way, but I look forward to catching up.

I actually can't think of any network TV show worth watching aside from Good Wife.

Anyways, I'm re-watching Mad Men for the 500th time. Still love it. 

NYPD Blue is a great tv show. Longest-running one-hour primetime series on ABC. Ran for 12 seasons from 1993-2005.

They just finished playing every episode on the Audience channel (Directv). One episode per day. They started over again from the beginning so if you start now you'll be in Season 1.

andy sipowicz is one of my all time favorite tv characters. he said things i wished i could say.

finished second season of true detective.

was slow for 75% of the season, finally got good towards the end.

but the main characters were all basically the exact same person: depressed, brooding alcoholics.

props for vince vaughn constantly drinking blue label though, that was great.

was nice to see the fancy new anaheim train station in the last episode.

i hadnt seen the inside yet, looks awesome.

Edited by mrwicked

Has anybody seen Everest?

Saw a screening in IMAX 3D about a month ago.  I hadn't seen a 3D movie in years and the last time I saw one it gave me a headache but I'm about 95% sure it was a movie that wasn't shot with a 3D camera that they later edited/changed to cash in on the 3D craze.  I'm not really a big pay to go to the movies guy anymore but between the story, acting and the visuals (walking across ladders over a chasm, the top of Everest, etc.) it was a good flick.   

yo tank, season 2 of halt & catch fire is really good. I binged watched it this weekend. 

apparently, season 3 is confirmed for 2016.

Yes, it's confirmed.   

As a geek, it's interesting in a way the mishmash of tech.  Starting with the PC, going to mac, going to internet, going to chat rooms, going to servers, going to gaming.  The story lines that I'm picking up really seem like IBM PC, Mac, AOL, Dell, probably like a Belkin type server, Ultima, Atari.  I'm sure they will get to World of Warcraft soon.  

I think the biggest problem with season 1 is that they made it like there wouldn't be a season 2.   So everything is rushed.  It went from making the cheap PC.  To now everything in season 2.  I would have liked to see more of the PC vs Mac wars that led to a server system.  Which could have led to the dial up vs broadband conflict.