• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched Mr. Robot...for some reason I thought it was about a Robot...turns out it wasn't. But I'm enjoying it none the less. Would like it a little better if it didn't have Christian Slater in it, who I enjoyed in Pump Up the Volume when I was a teenager...but I've grown up, moved on...maybe he should as well.

Also started watching Humans...which actually is about Androids...really enjoying that as well.

my daughter and i like watching the new bear grylls show on monday nights where he and a celebrity go somewhere very remote and then try and make it back to a rally point and head home. they have to do all kinds of difficult survival things along the way.

in this week's episode, bear and michelle rodriguez were setting up camp for the night. they found a mouse and bear killed it for supper. they were out of water, so he said that they were going to need to consume urine from one of them. they skinned the mouse and then michelle volunteered to pee in a cup. they would use the urine to make a broth. she did, they cooked it over a fire with the mouse inside, and then both of them ate and drank.

i hope i'm never in that kind of situation.

So what you're saying is that Bear missed his opportunity to go to the " suck on a booby" survival tip?

Amateur

Watched Mr. Robot...for some reason I thought it was about a Robot...turns out it wasn't. But I'm enjoying it none the less. Would like it a little better if it didn't have Christian Slater in it, who I enjoyed in Pump Up the Volume when I was a teenager...but I've grown up, moved on...maybe he should as well.

Also started watching Humans...which actually is about Androids...really enjoying that as well.

I'm loving Mr Robot, red. I agree about Slater, too, although he was outstanding in Broken Arrow. Unfortunately, he was overshadowed by the exceptional performance given by Howie Long. Edited by Lou

Forks Over Knives

Great doc about the benefits of a whole-food, plant-based diet. The doctors in it are some smart dudes.

Read the book along with his other book "How to prevent and reverse heart disease"

They were written by Caldwell Esselstyn. His father is one of the original founders of the Cleveland Clinic which is the front runner for heart surgeries.

I follow that diet and it works very well for me. I have lost weight, brought my BP to normal, my cholesterol is way down and I don't have to take meds.

It was very difficult to adapt to and my body had to detox all the unnatural food I was eating. Been doing it over 3 years and I feel great with lot's of energy. Hard part is traveling because I need to bring food with me as I cook a lot of my own food.

In a nutshell, what is the diet youre following?

No sugar, no salt, no fat, no dairy, no eggs, no bread and no prepackaged food.

I cook beans and brown rice myself.

I eat all my vegetables raw and I eat a big bowl everyday.

I eat whole grain oatmeal with steel cut oats everyday for breakfast.

I do supplement my protein by using pea protein. I put it in my oatmeal and beans every day..

forks over knives has been very popular in the seventh day adventist church. healthy eating/living has always been one of our big beliefs.

What is funny is that I went to High School in Redlands which is next door to Loma Linda where there are a lot SDA people and never considered eating like that when I was young. I was introduced to this diet by a nurse during one of my heart surgeries. It is really good for people that have had bi-pass surgery and stents. Family hereditary issues with the body not able to remove cholesterol by itself and not able to control it with drugs.

Trippy, was literally just watching this subject on Bill Maher. He had the dude that wrote the books about blue zones on. Loma Linda, of all places, is one of the top 5 places for longevity. They did a 10 year study on regions and created a list of similarities between each and why people live longer in these regions.

Pretty interesting stuff.