• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

mission impossible: rogue nation A-

excellent movie. kept engaged the whole time. they make references to several of the previous movies in a way that works well. good action, good dialogue. you always have to suspend reality when they start talking about "this facility is guarded by triple locks and a hydrogen bomb that can only be defused with dental floss and a nutcracker." for some highly guarded place they've never been inside, but it works. lots of good questions about which side some of the agents are really on, too.

the female lead in this movie - om nom nom. you guys over 40 are really gonna like her. 

Mission Impossible:  Rogue Nation

Was a good film overall.  Lot's of action.  Had you guessing on what was going on.  

Although the villain did bug me.

I don't know. He was doing something weird the whole film. Like he stuffed something in his mouth so he could do a bad Brando impression the entire film. Just didn't buy him as a bad guy. Same with the British secret intellegence guy.

Another thing that bugged me was that Jeremy Renner, while he had a significant role in the film, was really underused in the action side, since he is supposed to be a kick ass agent like Hunts character.  

Also something glaring I noticed as the film opening credits.  Chinese Movie Channel and  Alibababa Pictures.  Looking on the interwebs, I guess they both invested in the movie.  A Chinese Actress also got top billing, and I think she was in the background for one scene of the entire movie.  

Gravity is one of my favorite films of the decade so far.

You just can't take it literally. That's pretty much it. 

The scene with Bullock floating uncontrollably is probably in my top 5 favorite scenes ever in a film. 

I prefer this scene from Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous.

misscon2.jpg

Edited by Ray McKigney

Gravity is one of my favorite films of the decade so far.

You just can't take it literally. That's pretty much it. 

The scene with Bullock floating uncontrollably is probably in my top 5 favorite scenes ever in a film. 

It is literally an hour and a half of Sandra Bullock breathing heavily.  And not in a sexy way.

It was terrible.

I liked gravity, but saw it in imax. Thought it was amazing....in that enviornment...no real deaire to watch it again on a normal screen.

Saw mad max yesterday at the budget theater. Pretty cool flick. Im not a sci fi guy, and am not really into blockbuster action flicks, but it was entertaining for sure. Great visuals.

And i watched bloodsport the other day too. A-