• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

It's solid dude and only 8 episodes, so not overly time consuming. Watch the quasi-behind the scenes stuff they do after each episode. Even with a second viewing it just really adds to the show. Those things are maybe 5 minute sessions with the writer and director going over what's going on and how or what they want to convey. They automatically come on after the end credits.

On a side note, I'm going to finish Peaky Blinders today or tomorrow and want something new to start that I won't need to binge a whole 5 season series. Anything relatively new or just a season or two in? Off the top of my head I'm thinking Newsroom (HBO simply doesn't fail).

I love sci fi.  And yet, there is 2 hours of my life I will never ever get back.  Do not watch Jupiter Ascending.  If you are a Channing Tatum fan.  Do not watch it.  If you are a Milas Kunis fan.  Do not watch it.  If you are dared to watch the movie or wander into ISIS controlled territory with a shirt that depicts mohammed in a negative way, chose to wear the shirt.  The golden raspberry is already a guarantee.  If you see it on DVD or for rent, don't bother.  It might not even be worth the wear and tear on your DVR, even if it's on for free.  If I had to make an Angels comparison.  It would be like if Arte built a new billion dollar stadium, then picked out a random number of 10 year olds to make up the 25 man roster.  The special effects tried to make up for the story.  It tried, but only got to the level of Transformers.  Hell, I wish I watched a transformers movie instead of this POS.  And Transformers movies are POS's.  I really really want to shoot myself, so that I can forget I ever saw this movie.  

I've heard nothing but awful things about that movie. I don't understand how movies can turn out so bad. Big names are all over it too. I remember reading an article before last summer and many people predicted it would be the biggest flop of the summer. Then it got pushed back which is a sign that it's going to be terrible. Is it at least so bad that I can laugh at it

Kingsman: the secret service - B

This movie had a lot of really good moments in it. Colin Firth is like James Bond, and his character is a very complete character. The kid who plays Eggsy does a solid job, also. I thought there were too many moments where it just had gratuitos, unnecessary amounts of violence, and Samuel L. Jackson had some kind of stupid annoying lisp that really served no purpose. The anal sex stuff was unnecessary, as well. The movie bounced around too much from a slick, interesting action pic to campy Tarantino nonsense. Very inconsistent.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Would like to see a series of films for this franchise. It's very James Bond-like. Not having Firth around for more films is going to be a mistake, imho.

Edited by Tank

I've heard nothing but awful things about that movie. I don't understand how movies can turn out so bad. Big names are all over it too. I remember reading an article before last summer and many people predicted it would be the biggest flop of the summer. Then it got pushed back which is a sign that it's going to be terrible. Is it at least so bad that I can laugh at it

No, they are trying too hard to be serious.  It really probably would have been a better movie if they made it into a comedy.  Let's put it this way.  Before the first credits come up on the screen, you are already shaking your head saying WTF just happened.  And not in a WTF just happened way of needing to watch the movie a few more times to really grasp WTF just happened.  No it's the absolute definition of WTF just happened.  Like so not believable.

Since hopefully everyone here values their lives, and won't watch this POS.  I will summarize the opening scenes.  Just so you know how much of a POS this movie is.

It starts with Kunis narrating about her parents.  How she met him a cold winter nights in Russia somewhere.  He was gazing up in the stars with a fancy gold telescope.  Freezing his ass off, and still being warmed by what he's seeing in the stars.  So the narration goes that it was love at first sight.  So far so good.  Not that bad of a story.  Then it goes to the house.  He's looking out at the telescope.  And she says how about some attention.  Here is some vaseline, rub my very pregnant belly.  Yes, there was vaseline involved, in Russia, and yes, it was to rub the belly.  But wait, it gets better.  Then all of a sudden a bunch of Russians come breaking in, yelling and screaming.  All dressed in military garb.  Not one, not two, but like half a dozen.  And what were these half dozen military style guys there to do?  Arrest the father maybe on espionage charges?  No, these half dozen well dressed in camo's, acting like a military police force was there to rob the place.  And in the process, shoots the father, and what's the only thing they steal.  Of course, the telescope.  So pan to the next scene, and they show the mother on some boat, being smuggled into the US, while giving birth to Kunis.  

There you go, I just wasted about 2 minutes of your lives on the POS opening scenes of a POS movie, in hopes that you won't waste 2 hours.  Oh, and BTW, except for the telescope, the opening scenes really had no bearing on the entire movie.  Zero.  And the telescope is even a minor insignificant part of the movie.  It doesn't contribute to the plot.  it's just there for I guess a link to the dad.  In which there is no storyline link at all.

Ugg.  I still want to shoot myself so I forget I ever saw this movie.

Maybe I'll check it out. The trailers don't have me interested at all. It doesn't seem like my kind of movie. 

Nightcrawler -- 4/5. Still don't understand how Gyllenhaal didn't get a nomination for this movie. 

Nightcrawler was much more than I expected.  I was glued to it.  Gyllenhaal was a complete freak in it and I think has separated himself as an actor.

St. VIncent.  B+.  Formulaic movie but Bill Murray is Bill Murray in it, and that's worth the watch.  

Lucy: B-.  A minimalist "Matrix" with gaping plot holes, but you get to stare at Scarlett Johansson for a few hours.  There are worse things.

Just watched the first 6 episodes of the The Fall

Took a long time to get going. The first 3 were really slow. Now it has some unbelievable parts. Notice that it has 5 stars. I wouldn't give that many. 3 1/2 or 4.

Hope it continues to get better.Gillian Anderson plays a good role.