• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Just finished Marco Polo

It got better as the characters found their niche. Looking forward to season 2

Using this logic, wouldn't it make sense to start filming in the middle of a season, then once the actors had a feeling for their characters then go back and film the first 2 or 3 episodes? If you try a new show and the characters aren't believable then what are the chances you make it to the middle of the first season?

Using this logic, wouldn't it make sense to start filming in the middle of a season, then once the actors had a feeling for their characters then go back and film the first 2 or 3 episodes? If you try a new show and the characters aren't believable then what are the chances you make it to the middle of the first season?

I think a lot of it is development.

A lot of shows are focusing on creating epic material and really focusing on building it up so that shit gets crazy at some point or people are engrossed. I felt the same with Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, etc.

Taken 3.

I came in with low expectations. Ended up being even worse than I thought it would be.

How this pile of shit has a 6.3 rating on imdb is beyond me.

Grand Budapest Hotel. 

Great movie. No clue how they managed to get such an amazing cast to take up such minor roles.

Edited by Poozy

American sniper

Better than i thought, still overrated.

Cooper was very good in it. I think the iraq scenes were too hollywood (for my taste), but the scenes at home were good.

apparently they didn't use any of the events/conflicts that took place in the book and made up everything instead.

Edited by Poozy

apparently they didn't use any of the events/conflicts that took place in the book and made up everything instead.

One thing about American Sniper.  People are saying it's a American propoganda war film or whatever.  

I really came out of that movie with a different impression.  While based on a person, I thought it was more about his mental health, than about war.  After coming out of that movie, I got a better understanding of PTSD, and really how it affects veterans.  Where as before the movie, I had doubts about the validity of PTSD.  That's why I thought Bradley's performance was so good, because he sold what PTSD was.  And it's a shame that this is just being buried over all the controversies.

do you know zero black people?

honest question.

one of my funniest memories in college was an american history class i was taking.  it was in eastern WA where there are almost no blacks.  it was a graduate class, so we only had 7 or 8 students.  one of them was black.  after reading something about thomas jefferson's plantation in virginia, during one of the seminars we had, a fellow student stopped mid-sentence because he didn't know whether to say black or african american, so he asked the black student point blank,  "What do your people prefer to be called?" was the question he asked.  Every other student including the black one said "black" at the same time.  the timing of it was just funny, and the guy who asked the question in the first place was a very cool dude.  

anyway, i think most blacks don't care if you say black or african american.  it's more about how you say either that determines if you're being an ignorant ****tard racist.

the chosen word is never more important than the character of the person who says it.    

My post was in response to tank who used the correct show title, then referred to them as african-americans in his commentary.

to me: blacks are blacks, mexicans are mexicans, whites are whites and dominicans are mexicans