• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Ok, wanted to check out The Wire since everyone here is claiming it's the best show ever...........got through the first 6 episodes and I'm hooked.  Will see some more tomorrow since it's on HBO Demand.  

There is not one bad season.  I was bummed it didn't go on but I think they ended it right.  It comes from the same writers that did Homicide.  

Ok, wanted to check out The Wire since everyone here is claiming it's the best show ever...........got through the first 6 episodes and I'm hooked. Will see some more tomorrow since it's on HBO Demand.

I looked, we don't have it on demand yet and since in just upgraded to ps4 we don't have hbo go, as ps4 doesn't have it yet...we have a Roku in another room though.

as for seasons not being bad, I'm like most and didn't like 5. It's not that it was bad as much as the others were so good, especially coming off 4 which many think is the best.

The Wire is the greatest show ever made because it was simple in its form. It's like why Counter Strike and Doom are the best FPS of all time. It is a complete show that leaves you wanting more, despite that there are no cliff hangers... ever. 

Season 4 is the best. 

Edited by bakunin

Finished the first season last night.  Very good show.  Some of the cop characters came out ahead at the end while others were either overlooked or demoted.  The ones willing to play the game came out ahead.

It's interesting to see that this is the show that put Idris Elba on the map.  He's not the only Brit in the show.  The other is Dominic West who plays Det. McNulty.

Will continue with season 2 today.

Finished the first season last night.  Very good show.  Some of the cop characters came out ahead at the end while others were either overlooked or demoted.  The ones willing to play the game came out ahead.

It's interesting to see that this is the show that put Idris Elba on the map.  He's not the only Brit in the show.  The other is Dominic West who plays Det. McNulty.

Will continue with season 2 today.

We sat on the couch for 12 hours yesterday watching season 2.  Today I am recording season 3.  Today is all about football.  I love seeing McNulty's self destruction when he binges.  

inception = C

an interesting concept, but i can see how audiences were so confused. my biggest issue was that i had to turn the volume on the tv up to ridiculously high levels just to hear the whispered dialogue that was so prevalent throughout the movie. i hate when movies do that.

using this week to clean out the DVR. catching up on Scandal and several history shows. right now i'm watching "America Unearthed: Secrets of the Alamo". since we're going to be studying the alamo in a few weeks i thought this might be useful. wrong. it's spent it's entire time focusing on whether or not davy crockett survived and lived elsewhere after the battle, and not so much on the battle itself. if anything, the show is mistitled. i got sucked in on the promise of something more. think i'll be deleting other shows in this series i've recorded.

using this week to clean out the DVR. catching up on Scandal and several history shows. right now i'm watching "America Unearthed: Secrets of the Alamo". since we're going to be studying the alamo in a few weeks i thought this might be useful. wrong. it's spent it's entire time focusing on whether or not davy crockett survived and lived elsewhere after the battle, and not so much on the battle itself. if anything, the show is mistitled. i got sucked in on the promise of something more. think i'll be deleting other shows in this series i've recorded.

I agree with you on this episode.  There are some historians who do believe that Crockett did live based on written accounts of a Mexican officer.  He could have gone down that route, but instead choose to go the route he did.  

I like the show.  It's gets interesting and thought provoking when he looks into rock writings/engravings left by possible Pre-Columbian European or Asian visitations to the Americas.  The Mayan and Aztec episodes are also really good.  There are quite a few episodes in season 1 and 2 with these story lines. 

I suggest watching a few more episodes before giving up on the show.

Saw The Gambler last night, rotten tomatoes gave it 46%, something like that. I enjoyed it considerably more than that. John Goodman didn't have enough scenes because he was awesome in it. It has the typical only for Hollywood Black Jack hand where he hits an 18 and gets the 3, but other than that I didn't mind the movie. It was a good way to spend a mindless night at the movies.

Been playing catch up on a lot of 2014 stuff recently:

Calvary - Dark film with enough humor in it and an array of weird characters to make it through the dark subject matter. The opening interaction sets the tone for the movie. 

Fury - Cliche war film that has action scenes that go along way to make up for it. Shia LaBeouf is surprisingly decent in it.

Obvious Child - Slightly enjoyable comedy that I feel is getting a lot of praise for it's take on a controversial subject than actually for how good it is. It's basically the reverse version of Knocked Up, with a very terrible love interest.

Force Majeure - Great subtle comedy about a family who goes on a skiing trip and while eating at a restaurant, witness a controlled avalanche that gets dangerously close and the father reacts pretty poorly, and what that does to the family. Also visually one of the best looking movies of last year.