• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

This week I've watched The Outsiders and The Count of Monte Cristo. Two of my favorite books. I would love to see them re-make The Count of Monte Cristo on film. I like the 2002 version, but I think a re-make would be interesting. 

Also revisited some QT films. Last weekend I watched Django Unchained, today I watched Inglourious Basterds. I think Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs will be next. 

Supposedly there is a teaser trailer for his new film, The Hateful Eight, that was sent out with Sin City 2. I wonder if that rumor is true because by all accounts, he hasn't started filming yet. I'll be scouring the net for that.

This week I've watched The Outsiders and The Count of Monte Cristo. Two of my favorite books. I would love to see them re-make The Count of Monte Cristo on film. I like the 2002 version, but I think a re-make would be interesting. 

Also revisited some QT films. Last weekend I watched Django Unchained, today I watched Inglourious Basterds. I think Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs will be next. 

Supposedly there is a teaser trailer for his new film, The Hateful Eight, that was sent out with Sin City 2. I wonder if that rumor is true because by all accounts, he hasn't started filming yet. I'll be scouring the net for that.

The Count of Monte Cristo is also one of my favorite novels, but as its around 1100 pages, I think turning it into a mini-series would be a better option or more accurate way of getting the story in the novel on screen. For instance, Haydee is a rather central character in the novel, but completely left out of the 2002 movie, probably due to time constraints.

I have to pat my son's ass for up to 20 minutes to get him to sleep at night. I usually watch netflix on my phone while I do so. 3 episodes into Orange is the New Black season 2. Not a super fan of the show. The attempts at humor fail time and time again and the acting is pretty awful. That said, I always want to see what happens next so I keep watching. Props to them.

Just started burning through this show this weekend. Laura Prepon is the worst actress ever. That said, still watching. Crazy Eyes is awesome.

Just started burning through this show this weekend. Laura Prepon is the worst actress ever. That said, still watching. Crazy Eyes is awesome.

It is ****in uncanny how bad she is.

I was a pretty big fan of That 70s Show and I always wondered how much better it would have been if that giant oaf wasn't playing Donna's part.

Edited by nate

Walked in last night to a Netflix documentary about a bible thumper and a hermaphrodite that are stalkers and follow around 80's pop star Tiffany where their big moments are when Tiffany does pics and autograph signings after her show and they get to meet her.

The Count of Monte Cristo is also one of my favorite novels, but as its around 1100 pages, I think turning it into a mini-series would be a better option or more accurate way of getting the story in the novel on screen. For instance, Haydee is a rather central character in the novel, but completely left out of the 2002 movie, probably due to time constraints.

I agree, HH.  It would be best as a mini-series due to the many plot twists and characters (not to mention all of Edmund Dante's aliases).  Great book and would be a great mini-series.

Locke

Looked cool at Redbox and a friend mentioned wanting to see it and mentioned a bit of what he heard. If someone would have just explained the premise or what the movie was about I'd have been in no way interested. That said, it wasn't too bad. I got what they were trying to do and Tom Hardy pulled it off.  

Finished it feeling good about it, looking back and realizing I just watched a movie about a dude in his car on the phone for an hour and a half is kind of unique.

Last thing I watched television-wise was the season finale of Deadliest Catch. Hard to believe that the show has been on for ten years. Sig Hansen said that when the whole thing started he figured that the camera crews would be there for one season and that would be it.

That, and I have been watching the kids from my neighborhood pound lumps on the rest of the country in the Little League World Series. Go Mountain Ridge!

Just came back from watching Sin City.  Totally confused about it.  Although Eva Green, did not disappoint.

Is it as good as the first one, tho?  That was a fun movie.

Watched "American Hustle" last night.  Thought it was a pretty good movie, tho I figured-out what was going to happen pretty quickly.  I love these period-movies with the clothes and hair-styles, cars, and music of the times..  Bale and Cooper were great in it.

Is it as good as the first one, tho?  That was a fun movie.

Watched "American Hustle" last night.  Thought it was a pretty good movie, tho I figured-out what was going to happen pretty quickly.  I love these period-movies with the clothes and hair-styles, cars, and music of the times..  Bale and Cooper were great in it.

IMO, no I didn't think it was as good as the first.  There was just something off about it.  It didn't flow well like the first one, and was really confused about the plot holes.