• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

I guess I need to give Silicon Valley another shot.  I saw one episode and it was pretty ridiculous.  Couple funny parts but that was it.

He hired some dude to paint a mural for him and it ended up being really sexually vulgar or something.

I guess I need to give Silicon Valley another shot.  I saw one episode and it was pretty ridiculous.  Couple funny parts but that was it.

He hired some dude to paint a mural for him and it ended up being really sexually vulgar or something.

Yeah, that was one of the more over the top moments. I actually found that part to be sort of unnecessary. Seemed to be more for a belly laugh than to actually move the plot forward. There were a couple of parts like that during the season, but for the most part, it was WAY above average as far as comedies go. 

I will give it another shot.  I usually like comedies like that.

Watched This is 40.  I had low expectations because it got such bad reviews.  It was ok.  Had some funny parts.  I am a fan of Paul Rudd and Judd Apatow so I could appreciate it.  I definitely had the feeling that if they could have fit Seth Rogan in some how it would have taken the movie to another level.

More than anything the story had almost no depth so it had to rely on the comedy which was sometimes missing.

I watched this episode yesterday. That was the least good episode, so far.  I was disappointed in it but that often happens in a season's run, where the middle episodes are the weakest.

watched "bad words" with jason bateman. it was OK. hard to sell him as an asshole - ala billy bob thornton in bad santa. the little indian kid was great.

also watched "wanderlust" with paul rudd and jennifer aniston. i hadn't even heard of this movie, and it got sh*t reviews. but i thought it was actually pretty decent.

Traveled this week... Saw some "Plane" movies. 

Veronica Mars - 5/10 (Standard Rating), 8/10 (Airplane Rating)

Divergent - 6/10 (Standard Rating), 8.5/10 (Airplane Rating) 

Divergent was very poorly cast. Didn't read the books but dig post-apocalyptic stories. 

Veronica Mars had some hot chicks in it.

Traveled this week... Saw some "Plane" movies. 

Veronica Mars - 5/10 (Standard Rating), 8/10 (Airplane Rating)

Divergent - 6/10 (Standard Rating), 8.5/10 (Airplane Rating) 

Divergent was very poorly cast. Didn't read the books but dig post-apocalyptic stories. 

Veronica Mars had some hot chicks in it.

I actually liked Divergent quite a bit (it's not close to being a great film), but it has major issues.

This is good:

watched "bad words" with jason bateman. it was OK. hard to sell him as an asshole - ala billy bob thornton in bad santa. the little indian kid was great.

also watched "wanderlust" with paul rudd and jennifer aniston. i hadn't even heard of this movie, and it got sh*t reviews. but i thought it was actually pretty decent.

Bad Santa is one of the funniest movies I ever watched.  I remember once I was sick with the flu really bad on the couch and even though I felt like complete warmed-over dog shit I was still laughing.

Grand Budapest Hotel

Good for a Wes Anderson movie, which isn't saying much. Not good, but not terrible. If you have two hours to kill kind of movie.

Under The Skin

What an absolute piece of shit movie. (in before someone says seeing Scarlett Johansson naked makes this garbage worth it)

Damn quote function not working for me...probably the library wifi I am on...traveling the Eastern Sierra and Northwest Nevada right now. Got drenched by the monsoonal flow you southwesters sent up here...doing laundry and drying things out...so decided to check in to AW...able to listen to a few games and follow the team, and things are looking UP for this bunch!

Ok..on to the reason I'm posting this morning...Pawnography SKUS!! I only watched one episode but wow, was it bad.

A new series is coming for Mark Hall-Patton "The Beard of Knowledge" and it will be titled "10 Thing You Didn't Know About ____"

He and his production crew are coming up to our little museum for filming in a few weeks, and the subject will be The Gold Rush..

I don't know when the series starts on History, but I'll be finding all that out when they come up to make the episode here.

I'll pass on any info..

Damn quote function not working for me...probably the library wifi I am on...traveling the Eastern Sierra and Northwest Nevada right now. Got drenched by the monsoonal flow you southwesters sent up here...doing laundry and drying things out...so decided to check in to AW...able to listen to a few games and follow the team, and things are looking UP for this bunch!

Ok..on to the reason I'm posting this morning...Pawnography SKUS!! I only watched one episode but wow, was it bad.

A new series is coming for Mark Hall-Patton "The Beard of Knowledge" and it will be titled "10 Thing You Didn't Know About ____"

He and his production crew are coming up to our little museum for filming in a few weeks, and the subject will be The Gold Rush..

I don't know when the series starts on History, but I'll be finding all that out when they come up to make the episode here.

I'll pass on any info..

You are doing laundry and drying things out in a library?  Northwest Nevada must be the shiznick.

Edited by gotbeer

Dirty Jobs was definitely good.

Another show I like on AP is River Monsters.  Overall I just dig fishing.

I have probably posted this but Pawnography is fun because of trivia, it is really bad because of the dipshit that hosts it, and because they don't deduct points for getting a question wrong.  It also has too much theatrics.  I still prefer to watch Jeopardy.

Today I saw the movie "Boyhood." Wow. Never seen anything like it. They filmed for a couple weeks every year for 12 years, so the actor who plays the main kid aged from 6 to 18 in real life as he aged in the movie. Probably the most realistic portrayal of a kid growing up I've ever seen in a movie.