• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Gangster Squad was cool. Not going to win any awards, but a cool flick to watch. I love that era.

Saw Hangover 3 yesterday. Better than the second and simply ok. They need to stop writing plots and stories with these guys and just have them get shit faced and not remember what happened. I'm just glad they didn't rehash the same jokes like the second one.

There's nothing but shit at redbox. The lady didn't want it but I figured I invested in the second and could deal with the third.

Not a bad comedy and nowhere near the first, but wasn't bad. They just focused on story/plot instead of comedy. Still had some good chuckles.

If you want to trip out and have watched Breaking Bad, watch it again. I'm up to episode five now and it's amazing how much of this stuff, even so early, correlates to how the show progresses and plays out.....even a direct line of dialogue that is important towards the back end. Just a bunch of light bulb moments that are trippy that the writers either remembered or reused.

I'm enjoying it more the second time around because of the little nuances.

The last few minutes of Hangover 3 saved it.  That last scene was hilarious.

Not as bad as the 2nd one but still awful.  It's the POTC of comedy series.  One was enough People who find that the best comedy of all time are the same douchebags who say "swag", "YOLO" and "twerk" a lot.  They also blew a great opportunity to have a Billy Joel cameo regarding Alan's love for his music.

As far as good Redbox rentals, I enjoyed Girl Most Likely with Kristen Wiig.

Edited by cysomeawfulpitcher

If you want to trip out and have watched Breaking Bad, watch it again. I'm up to episode five now and it's amazing how much of this stuff, even so early, correlates to how the show progresses and plays out.....even a direct line of dialogue that is important towards the back end. Just a bunch of light bulb moments that are trippy that the writers either remembered or reused.

I'm enjoying it more the second time around because of the little nuances.

Whoa whoa whoa!!!

I'm just starting my Breaking Bad adventure on Netflix. Puhleeeeeezzzzz be careful when making BB comments in this thread!

12 Years a Slave - 9/10

Great film. One of the best of the year. Awesome performances all around, though Pitt was a little bit of a weak point. 

I really want to see this one, but it seems like the type of movie that will take a lot from the viewer emotionally.  Kind of like Schindler's List and Passion of the Christ.

tried to watch 12 years a slave over the weekend, but the theater wouldn't accept the tix, so sometime this week.

saw west of Memphis yesterday. documentary about the west Memphis three. there is always initial skepticism with docs because you wonder if it's a Michael Moore deal of creating something with an angle or bias, but this was straight forward and party involved driven. since the kids are let out it's more of a very detailed recount of how and why everything happened. very solid and very good movie worth checking out, but fairly long.

watched a movie yesterday called "breakaway". meh.

i really liked the concept, however. it was a brand new genre where there was a nice kid from a working class family who had talent for a sport, but his parents didn't initially approve. by weasling around their wishes and doing his own thing, his mom came around first to accept his desire to play sports, and then ultimately his father yielded and gave his support. i hope hollywood will make more movies like this someday.

the sport was ice hockey.

the family was a group of sikh indians living in toronto, canada.