• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Barry season 1

Good stuff. The show is quite funny but the plot lines are rather serious and exceptionally dark. It’s actually a really good mix, where the comedy seems to allow them to go darker and more serious without it being too much. Similarly the dark nature of the plot line keeps the show from being thought of simply as a comedy.

On 5/26/2023 at 7:32 PM, gotbeer said:

Prime:  Marvelous Ms Maisel Final Season 5   This was a weird season.  Almost like it was supposed to go another 3 seasons, but they realized what they wrote the previous seasons was not cutting it, so they crammed it all in to get to the end.  I think this would have been a better series if it was 3 seasons long.  Or at least put the 5 seasons into 3 seasons, then go another 2 seasons.  Anyways, if you are invested, finish it.  If you aren't then just watch the last few episodes and get some closure.  You won't be missing much.

i finished it last night. S5 was so odd, like they had so much more of the story to tell but knew they weren't going to film anymore seasons. they spent too little time on her standup and too much time trying to get her on a late night show. 

Spoiler

i like how susie ended up being this super agent for all the stars, including phyllis diller and dick gregory. the roast for her was pretty good, too.

we finished S2 of Yellowstone. it's a good series. If you're a fan of "rich land owning family vs. the world" kind of shows, you'll enjoy this one. They also throw in a healthy dose of cowboy stuff and native american/reservation life. 

17 hours ago, Tank said:

we finished S2 of Yellowstone. it's a good series. If you're a fan of "rich land owning family vs. the world" kind of shows, you'll enjoy this one. They also throw in a healthy dose of cowboy stuff and native american/reservation life. 

The first two seasons are really good. The third season gets a little more fast and loose with the plot, and by season four it's 1000% off the rails. Still fun, but more and more unbelievable as the show goes on.

1 hour ago, Don said:

The first two seasons are really good. The third season gets a little more fast and loose with the plot, and by season four it's 1000% off the rails. Still fun, but more and more unbelievable as the show goes on.

we're wondering if at some point the daughter stops being the worst person in the history of humanity.

I'm 8 episodes in on Ted Lasson, S3 and this season isn't nearly as good as the first two, IMO.  I'm not even sure I'll finish it at this point.  It has gone in a completely different direction and it's not nearly as enjoyable as the first two.

On 5/29/2023 at 11:56 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Barry season 1

Good stuff. The show is quite funny but the plot lines are rather serious and exceptionally dark. It’s actually a really good mix, where the comedy seems to allow them to go darker and more serious without it being too much. Similarly the dark nature of the plot line keeps the show from being thought of simply as a comedy.

It only gets better. Buckle up.

On 5/30/2023 at 4:28 PM, T.G. said:

I'm 8 episodes in on Ted Lasson, S3 and this season isn't nearly as good as the first two, IMO.  I'm not even sure I'll finish it at this point.  It has gone in a completely different direction and it's not nearly as enjoyable as the first two.

Ted Lasso S3 was also kind of weak compared to the first two, but it got better at the end. The series finale was excellent.

20 hours ago, Taylor said:

Ted Lasso S3 was also kind of weak compared to the first two, but it got better at the end. The series finale was excellent.

The series finale was absolutely terrific.  I'm glad I hung in there.  It was the perfect ending.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

The series finale was absolutely terrific.  I'm glad I hung in there.  It was the perfect ending.

I think the writers struggled with keeping a coherent story for the entire season, but they knew long ago how it would end.

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

I don't think S3 was atrocious like this writer is saying, and I loved the finale. 

S3 was the weakest of the three, but I still found myself entertained more often than not. There were just too many storylines, and the episodes being 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes probably gave the writers too much freedom.