• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 10/24/2022 at 2:34 PM, Tank said:

S1 & 2 are excellent. S3 is bizarre.

Two episodes in on S2 and it's pretty bizarre as well.  Both seasons have characters that are way over the top...

Sill worth watching though.

On 10/26/2022 at 1:22 PM, WicketMaiden said:

Here's a very good British deep-state thriller that stands nicely alongside shows like  Informer: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8201186/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

image.thumb.jpeg.bf1994bd5dceac8379f650f21a970bd3.jpeg

Season Two is just out on Peacock, the original was a BBC show and it has all the high production values you'd expect from them. Good acting / script / plot and a few twists and turns you don't see coming. Well worth your time and perfect for binge-watching. 

I don't see S2 on Peacock, but I am using a free account.

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

In your opinion.

Storylines are not easy to create. Involving all parts of the characters life is essential in good storytelling. Otherwise you create false characters that are one dimensional and without development. Not all storylines have requirements to reveal all aspects of the character but some do. And with those character traits a plot can be established either to explain actions or reveal causation of actions with multiple motives and direction. 

This is a step beyond the Lifetime Movies for Women genre. 

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

Storylines are not easy to create. Involving all parts of the characters life is essential in good storytelling. Otherwise you create false characters that are one dimensional and without development. Not all storylines have requirements to reveal all aspects of the character but some do. And with those character traits a plot can be established either to explain actions or reveal causation of actions with multiple motives and direction. 

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

13 hours ago, Blarg said:

6yshpg.jpg

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Well, there goes that series.  Cavill brought a strangeness to that character, that I can't see Hemsworth being able to duplicate.

Geralt is an impossible character to portray, yet Cavill somehow pulled it off brilliantly. Liam Hemsworth isn't a good actor in anything he's in.

23 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  All Quiet on the Western Front  I faintly remember reading this in my school days.  So I'm not sure how true it was to the book.  But overall, this was a pretty good war movie.  Thought it was well done, and worth the watch.

I’m interested to see this too. Read the book in high school, but I’m sure I’ve forgotten most of the details by now.

I took a history class in college solely devoted to WWI, and that was one of the better history courses I ever had. The gnarness of that war was just off the charts. Dan Carlin did a whole podcast series about it, Blueprint for Armageddon, that did a really good job of capturing that aspect of it.

Netflix:  Dahmer - Monster:  The Jeffrey Dahmer Story  Another great Netflix true crime series.  This is just one of those stories that is so fucked up, but just sucks you in.  It's just amazing how he got away with it for so long.  And the police being so incompetent, yet the union celebrating their incompetency.  They really went at all angles in this story, really not just focusing on Dahmer.  But his family, some of the victims families, and especially the neighbors.  So this felt like a really balanced story.  Really worthwhile watch.

Finished S2 of Goliath.

The whole story line and some of the characters were a little over the top and because of that, hard to take seriously... but I did enjoy it, despite all that.  It was entertaining enough for me to keep watching.  Not sure I want to watch the next two seasons, but I'll probably get around to it.

Don't get me wrong.  I can see why many think it’s good.  It was and is.  Just not great for me.

Edited by T.G.

18 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Finished S2 of Goliath.

The whole story line and some of the characters were a little over the top and because of that, hard to take seriously... but I did enjoy it, despite all that.  It was entertaining enough for me to keep watching.  Not sure I want to watch the next two seasons, but I'll probably get around to it.

Don't get me wrong.  I can see why many thought it was/is good.  It was and is.  Just not great for me.

Remember this was created by the guy who did Ally McBeal and the dancing baby. He can’t help himself 

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Remember this was created by the guy who did Ally McBeal and the dancing baby. He can’t help himself 

Never seen the Ally McBeal show. 

The dude has quite the imagination though.