• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Narcos Saints  For me, this was a huge disappointment compared to Narcos and Narcos Mexico.  It had this weird Korean and Chinese angle in Suriname.  It starts off extremely slow, and when it picks up, it's kind of out there.  I just don't think it was worth it, even though I think highly of the other two Narcos series.

8 minutes ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

I'm guessing 

Hide contents

he's gone just like Adrianne and Paulie in Rocky Balboa and Creed, respectively.

Spoiler

Probably a good guess.  You need to cut that cord eventually.  I'm just wondering if he's going to be that surprise appearance that gives him the surprise advice/motivation to put him over the edge.  

Always wanted to get around to the Creed movies. Looks like they aren't on any of the stream sites anymore. Maybe they will come back one the third one is released like they did with Top Gun. 

It was on almost all of them for the longest time, just never got around to it.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Looks good.  Interesting no Rocky in it, at least in the commercial.  Also reminded me of the Mr. T storyline.  

2 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

I'm guessing 

Hide contents

he's gone just like Adrianne and Paulie in Rocky Balboa and Creed, respectively.

Nah, he's not dead in Creed III.  He's just not in the movie.  There's not really a reason for him to be, given the specific story that they're telling in this one.  Some have speculated he was left out because of Stallone's dispute with one of the producers, but that's not accurate.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Always wanted to get around to the Creed movies. Looks like they aren't on any of the stream sites anymore. Maybe they will come back one the third one is released like they did with Top Gun. 

It was on almost all of them for the longest time, just never got around to it.

You will enjoy them.  Both Creed films were solid.  Just enough to patch the torch, but not enough to take away from the future. 

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You will enjoy them.  Both Creed films were solid.  Just enough to patch the torch, but not enough to take away from the future. 

Yeah, seems to be the consensus. I wasn't interested at first as a shitload of remakes and spinoffs were coming out at the time and I thought it was just a cash grab for an industry seemingly out of ideas. But quite a feel people say this stands out on its own. If they don't come back to streaming services I'll just rent them from Prime before the third one comes out. If I like the two, then I'll see the third in the theater.

Samaritan: Prime Video

I don't normally watch comic book super hero type stuff (I'm not even sure if this qualifies as that), but decided to watch because I like Sly Stallone. 

I thought the movie was dumb.  It was way over the top and it was pretty predicable too. 

Tar: Cate Blanchett is great in this, so not surprised she's the leading candidate for the Best Actress Oscar thus far.   Also thought it was interesting to see a "#MeToo"/cancel culture movie in which the alleged perpetrator is a woman. That said, I had a hard time engaging with this movie overall, despite her performance.  It's cold and distant, at least to me--and it was SO "inside baseball" on the classical music front that I felt like a complete outsider. 

Black Adam:  This flat-out sucked.  Bad CGI slugfest for more than half the movie, but none of it is remotely interesting because the Black Adam character is essentially invincible and he's mostly just beating the shit out of random, nameless human dudes who are sort of like Blackwater operatives. The movie also introduces a version of the Justice Society (not to be confused with the Justice League), yet spends very little time letting the viewer get to know any of the individual characters.  The final villain (who has not even been hinted at in the marketing) is laughably terrible.  Maybe the worst, silliest villain in a major superhero movie. Also, there is an out-of-nowhere cameo maybe 20 minutes into the movie that features a very recognizable actor.  It makes no sense and there's zero reason a) for the scene to exist at all, and b) to cast a well-known actor in that role.  Just so stupid and pulled me out of the movie (not that I was really into it that much at that point, anyway...Ha).   There's a mid-credits scene that sets up a sequel, but it ALSO makes very little sense if you know anything about the history of Black Adam and the other character who's featured in that scene.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Tar: Cate Blanchett is great in this, so not surprised she's the leading candidate for the Best Actress Oscar thus far.   Also thought it was interesting to see a "#MeToo"/cancel culture movie in which the alleged perpetrator is a woman. That said, I had a hard time engaging with this movie overall, despite her performance.  It's cold and distant, at least to me--and it was SO "inside baseball" on the classical music front that I felt like a complete outsider. 

Black Adam:  This flat-out sucked.  Bad CGI slugfest for more than half the movie, but none of it is remotely interesting because the Black Adam character is essentially invincible and he's mostly just beating the shit out of random, nameless human dudes who are sort of like Blackwater operatives. The movie also introduces a version of the Justice Society (not to be confused with the Justice League), yet spends very little time letting the viewer get to know any of the individual characters.  The final villain (who has not even been hinted at in the marketing) is laughably terrible.  Maybe the worst, silliest villain in a major superhero movie. Also, there is an out-of-nowhere cameo maybe 20 minutes into the movie that features a very recognizable actor.  It makes no sense and there's zero reason a) for the scene to exist at all, and b) to cast a well-known actor in that role.  Just so stupid and pulled me out of the movie (not that I was really into it that much at that point, anyway...Ha).   There's a mid-credits scene that sets up a sequel, but it ALSO makes very little sense if you know anything about the history of Black Adam and the other character who's featured in that scene.

Pretty standard storytelling these days. Bigger, stronger, faster, headstrong… focus group tested 🙂