• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Blacklist Season 9   Finally caught up on this one.  Probably one of the better seasons, as it's squarely focused on what it should have been.  Red.  They set season 10 up to be better also, because it will step further away from the previous seasons main plots.  If you got burned out on it, season 9 is a good place to return to.

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Blacklist Season 9   Finally caught up on this one.  Probably one of the better seasons, as it's squarely focused on what it should have been.  Red.  They set season 10 up to be better also, because it will step further away from the previous seasons main plots.  If you got burned out on it, season 9 is a good place to return to.

Looking forward to watching it

On 10/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, failos said:

Read the books, since they had to take a pause after S6.

I miss the show so much 

Started reading the first book, thanks to my library card.  

So far, I'm really liking it.  It's pretty amazing how season 1 and at least the first book is very similar.  It's a 900 page book on my reader, but I'm flying through it.  Although, I think I might be a bit lost in the book if I hadn't watched the series.  Especially the belter talk portions.  

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Facing Nolan  I think others have mentioned it before.  Really good documentary on Nolan Ryan.  They could have really gone more in depth and made it a miniseries instead of a movie.  But definitely worth the watch.

There isn't enough archival footage to support his early years. You could see that in the documentary. It's not like today where there is a camera recording every minor league stop. Even high school games there is something to cull, or in @Adam's case, every deep blast his son has ever hit in Little league and half of the pizza parties. I was surprised they found as much as they did and it was mostly family films.

29 minutes ago, mypillow.com said:

Are the going to bringing it back? I only ask because you used the word “pause.”

Of course, it could be an indefinite pause.

Looking on the webs, it does look like season 6 was the last one.  

Spoiler

From the article I read, between book 6 and book 7, there is a 30 year gap.  So probably why he used the word pause.  So it might not be out of the question that in say 10 years or 15 years they bring the show back with the original cast, to naturally age.  One of the reasons for the cancelation listed was cost, and that if they continued, it was the added cost of cgi/makeup aging of the cast to reflect the 30 year jump.

Watched "Val" the documentary about Val Kilmer's life on Amazon Prime.  I think I wanted to like it more than I actually did.  It was interesting on many levels and he's a very complex individual, but the documentary left me wanting something more.  It's hard to explain.  I do recommend watching it.

3 hours ago, T.G. said:

Watched "Val" the documentary about Val Kilmer's life on Amazon Prime.  I think I wanted to like it more than I actually did.  It was interesting on many levels and he's a very complex individual, but the documentary left me wanting something more.  It's hard to explain.  I do recommend watching it.

Here you go. 

OldfashionedIdealEider-size_restricted.g

a99c0aa9759bb7ef4c7e7d5d78b4af58b7c34126

8fdbf96e5fc383ab5dc9a9f5156e5d2e.gif

tumblr_mw8h9tn6bN1r60h6bo1_250.gif

Andor, Episode 6

That is the best episode of Star Wars television. Perhaps there are a couple of Mandalorian eps as good.

Using Star Wars as a vehicle for this kind of content is great. 

Also, it’s notable that the use of Tie Fighters in this is their most menacing appearance in all of Star Wars. Sure, they’re cool when they’re flying loops and shooting lasers in space battles, but the way they effectively project the oppression of the empire with mere flyover patrols is great.

This is the kind of shit they should have been doing. Much better than nonstop space wizards.

Just finished Halloween Ends on Peacock.  It's quite fitting that the font and color are of the 3rd one because some parts kind of remind me of the 5th F13 movie, which stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the others.  Don't expect any true kills until just halfway through.  One kill that made me go "Dayumn!" was 

Spoiler

the tongue cutting of the DJ after he got his head bashed in by Michael.

23 hours ago, Tank said:

Ditto. Not a single interest in seeing any of them or Freddy Krueger or chucky.

Haven't seen 4 through 8 or the Zombie directed ones.  

I really don't care about Saw to be honest.  The original NOES and part 3 are the best and Freddy's Dead is the absolute worst.

Edited by cysomeawfulpitcher