• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Training Day - A+

Wanted to watch House of Dragons, but saw this on HBO and it's kind of mandatory. I've watched this a few times and Denzel always amazes me with this role.

HBO Max has a lot of good stuff. You’re never gonna make it through to Dragon House at this rate.

6 hours ago, mypillow.com said:

HBO Max has a lot of good stuff. You’re never gonna make it through to Dragon House at this rate.

They really do. When I logged in I saw a bunch of stuff to watch or catch up on. But these days I run at the pace of when I started The Americans and only watched one episode in a couple weeks. I just don't watch much TV or movies anymore.

Wouldn't mind watching something else and then doing a back to back on Sunday with HotD.

Thinking about watching "The Firm" starring Josh Lucas.   It's on Amazon Prime. Anyone watching or seen it?

Premise...

The Firm continues the story of Mitch McDeere and his family, ten years after the events of the popular novel. After spending 10 years in witness protection, Mitch and his family emerge to reclaim their lives and their future, only to find that past dangers are still lurking and new threats are everywhere.

Edited by T.G.

Amazon:  The Boys Season 3  Finally got around to watching this.  I think something might be wrong with me, because I thought it was a pretty hysterical season.  I was loling when the one guy sneezed in the first episode.  Anyways, it's pretty dark.  I did like Homelanders speech when he was threatened with being outed with leverage.  Definitely not for everyone.  I don't even think it's appropriate for kids.  

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Thinking about watching "The Firm" starring Josh Lucas.   It's on Amazon Prime. Anyone watching or seen it?

Premise...

The Firm continues the story of Mitch McDeere and his family, ten years after the events of the popular novel. After spending 10 years in witness protection, Mitch and his family emerge to reclaim their lives and their future, only to find that past dangers are still lurking and new threats are everywhere.

i watched it this summer and liked it. but it's weird. it's only one season but they abruptly change the story in the middle of it to something else. and then the ending is equally abrupt, like there were plans to shoot a S2 but the show got canceled before they could do so.

it's a good series and you should enjoy it, but be warned about the oddities within it.

On 9/13/2022 at 12:36 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

The reason essentially boils down to them turning all these fantasy cultures into diverse societies. It’s such a dumb 2022 move it’s eye rolling, but the backlash over a black elf, a black hobbit, a black dwarf and a black queen is the reason for the 1 star reviews. I will leave it to you to decide if that constitutes racism.

You don't even notice the shit...  Easily the biggest non issue for me.  Ill keep watching in hopes that the writing/pacing is what it is because they are trying to reach people who may have never seen the movies or read the books and its just "hand-holding" of sorts.  But they really need to do better.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:07 AM, Slegnaac said:

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 

Paramount +

S1 E5 - Spock Amok

Duty and Distance are putting a strain on Spock"s relationship with fiance T'Pring.  That is until he gets some relationship advice from Nurse Chapel, then hilarity and hijinks ensue.  We are also introduced to Enterprise Bingo.

This was a fun episode with lots of little references to TOS.

I enjoyed that show.  Haven't seen Pickard, or the other Trek shows on P+, not a Trekkie, but it was nice to see an episodic show instead of a season long story.

15 hours ago, Tank said:

i watched it this summer and liked it. but it's weird. it's only one season but they abruptly change the story in the middle of it to something else. and then the ending is equally abrupt, like there were plans to shoot a S2 but the show got canceled before they could do so.

it's a good series and you should enjoy it, but be warned about the oddities within it.

16 hours ago, T.G. said:

Premise...

Sounds like I should check this out