• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I've watched the first three episodes now and I've enjoyed them. I'm not fully bought in yet but I'll keep watching them for now. I say this as someone who has seen the trilogy, but not at all since I walked out of the theater for Return of the King.

Yep.

It is truly crazy to me that people are watching this and rating it at 1 star on Amazon. It might not be the best thing ever, but it’s certainly not garbage. It’s very skillfully put together. I still haven’t watched the third episode, but am excited to.

15 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Yep.

It is truly crazy to me that people are watching this and rating it at 1 star on Amazon. It might not be the best thing ever, but it’s certainly not garbage. It’s very skillfully put together. I still haven’t watched the third episode, but am excited to.

Toxic fanbro culture. As soon as they learned the show had Black people in it they rated it 1 star in their minds.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That article focuses on the haters and obviously there are some of those but mostly from I have read (I haven't seen it either) people just think the show is dull.

Putting random black people in it was dumb, but who cares, it's a minor issue at best. Let's stop pretending the quality of the show has anything to do with it, since most of these reviews were written after seeing 2 episodes of a show that feels like pretty standard LotR. 

They actually had to turn off public reviews because it was getting spammed with 1 star ratings. Give the show a watch and try and say based on the writing, directing, acting and production value that the show is legitimately terrible.

image.png.730f8bfcdc7dea40da986f9d8494c09e.png

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Putting random black people in it was dumb, but who cares, it's a minor issue at best. Let's stop pretending the quality of the show has anything to do with it, since most of these reviews were written after seeing 2 episodes of a show that feels like pretty standard LotR. 

They actually had to turn off public reviews because it was getting spammed with 1 star ratings. Give the show a watch and try and say based on the writing, directing, acting and production value that the show is legitimately terrible.

image.png.730f8bfcdc7dea40da986f9d8494c09e.png

Yeah the 1-star reviews aren't genuine. This is a case of fanboy brigading.

Personally, I didn't like the LotR series.  Maybe too long, like Star Trek 1ish.  Story seemed like there was too much missing from it, which is probably true since I think I heard the books are like a million pages long.  Things just didn't make sense for me in the movie.  I didn't even bother with the other series.  

On 9/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, Taylor said:

Finally just watched this. What a unique, funny, exciting, thought-provoking, and moving film. I hope it gets some Oscar nominations.

I'm fairly certain it will get at least a few (likely Best Original Screenplay, Lead Actress, and Supporting Actor, and it has a strong shot at a Best Picture nom at this point).

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm fairly certain it will get at least a few (likely Best Original Screenplay, Lead Actress, and Supporting Actor, and it has a strong shot at a Best Picture nom at this point).

Would be so cool if Ke Huy Quan got an Oscar nominee after being retired from acting for almost 20 years.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Would be so cool if Ke Huy Quan got an Oscar nominee after being retired from acting for almost 20 years.

Have you seen this picture from Disney's D23 convention this weekend?  Ford was there promoting the new Indiana Jones movie and Quan is going to be in the 2nd season of Loki.  Love this pic.

15 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Have you seen this picture from Disney's D23 convention this weekend?  Ford was there promoting the new Indiana Jones movie and Quan is going to be in the 2nd season of Loki.  Love this pic.

Sweet pic.

Of all the Disney Plus MCU shows, Loki is by far the best IMO. I'm glad it's getting a second season and that Quan is going to be in it. 

we're motoring along with Killing Eve. still in S1 but enjoying it. kind of weird at times how they do this dance between drama and farce, but it doesn't get in the way of the story.

started watching Iron Fist on Disney +. just finished S1E2. interesting. don't remember if anyone here has mentioned it in the past. 

Only managed to finish 8 episodes of S1 of Season on a Hill before it left Amazon Prime.  Just a lot of stuff happening in life...

Finished "The Fall."  It was very good, but extremely dark. Hard for me to watch at times.  I will say that S3 dragged a bit for me.  Seems like they could have wrapped up the series sooner.  I was ready for it to end way before it did.  Still very good though.

54 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Finished "The Fall."  It was very good, but extremely dark. Hard for me to watch at times.  I will say that S3 dragged a bit for me.  Seems like they could have wrapped up the series sooner.  I was ready for it to end way before it did.  Still very good though.

agree about how dark it was. it was exceptionally well-done and we were amazed at the story and how everything looked. but yeah, it dove into a couple of places that were difficult to get through.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

we're motoring along with Killing Eve. still in S1 but enjoying it. kind of weird at times how they do this dance between drama and farce, but it doesn't get in the way of the story.

started watching Iron Fist on Disney +. just finished S1E2. interesting. don't remember if anyone here has mentioned it in the past. 

I think that will be the first time in history that anyone has said that show is interesting.  It's a dumpster fire.