• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

This video (Succession S3 spoilers)

Unpopular opinion: I don't think Jeremy Strong is as great an actor as everyone likes to say he is. Case in point: the dude in that video just did Kendall Roy pretty much exactly as Jeremy Strong does him.

59 minutes ago, Don said:

Unpopular opinion: I don't think Jeremy Strong is as great an actor as everyone likes to say he is. Case in point: the dude in that video just did Kendall Roy pretty much exactly as Jeremy Strong does him.

He definitely plays the character perfectly. But he's not the strongest actor on the show. 

Prime:  Britannia Season 2  Very strange series.  About the Roman invasion of Britain.  And the Druids resisting.  This one goes heavy in the Druid mythology.  It's weird, but I guess I like weird.  Supposedly season 3 is on Epix, but don't have it, so will have to wait.  Series probably isn't for everyone.

57 minutes ago, Lou said:

Finished the new season of Ozark. As good as you'd expect.  

Except the increased role of the kid.  Almost tanked the entire season.  You already had enough with Ruth, Marty, Wendy, Snell woman, and Omar.  The young Byrde was just annoying through the entire season.  Totally unnecessary and if it wasn't for the ending of part 1, this season would have been a disaster.  

28 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Except the increased role of the kid.  Almost tanked the entire season.  You already had enough with Ruth, Marty, Wendy, Snell woman, and Omar.  The young Byrde was just annoying through the entire season.  Totally unnecessary and if it wasn't for the ending of part 1, this season would have been a disaster.  

Completely agree. He needs a punch in the nads. 

Ruth is still a badass. 

41 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Spoiler tag man

Midnight Mass

So I held off on watching this one because I somehow got the incorrect impression that it sucked. Well it turns out that this is one of, if not the best series I’ve seen in the last year.

Expertly written characters, exceptional acting performances, emotional payoffs, existential questions, all sorts of things one wouldn’t expect from the genre. Sure I can see how some might be a little put off by the reveal, but IMO this is about as good as it gets when it comes to that genre trope.

Highly recommended to Catholics, particularly those that don’t go to church anymore.

Boba Fett

It's in progress and has dropped 3 episodes. It's not really what I expected after seeing him in the first trilogy of Star Wars.

Spoiler

I find it odd that he's now a good guy (or at least he has been so far). I hope there's an explanation about this change. I also hope there's an explanation for whatever that water chamber thing is that he sleeps in each night.

I liked seeing the twins, too, since none of us knew they even existed. 

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

How I Met Your Father - Netflix

The first 3 episodes are available now. It's a pretty formulaic comedy and about what you'd expect. It stars Hillary Duff.

I never liked How I Met Your Mother.  That show just irritated me for some reason.  It just made me feel anxious and cranky for some reason.

15 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I never liked How I Met Your Mother.  That show just irritated me for some reason.  It just made me feel anxious and cranky for some reason.

Same. It was repetitive and none of the characters were very likable.

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Same. It was repetitive and none of the characters were very likable.

haaaaaaaave you met my friend Ted was a decent line.

it took them way too long to reveal who the mother finally was. and it was so drawn out that i stopped watching after about S3. i hope that this new show doesn't suffer from the same malady.