• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

15 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Even though it’s a predictable plot, I still enjoyed the movie. 

This coming from a guy who voluntarily goes to taylor swift concerts. 

you will get minimum chastisement from the dad who's been (willingly) to three One Direction concerts.

Watching WW II in the Pacific in color. 8 part series.

The realism of the photography along with the interesting detailed history makes this a very good watch.

Hard to imagine what was going through these guys minds on the landing craft knowing they would be attacked the second they stepped off the transport. The commanding officer on one landing told them "gentlemen, tomorrow some of you won't be her

The amount of lives lost to take certain key islands to get close enough to Japan to launch an attack was huge.

Alaska was an American territory at the time and Japan actually took 2 islands in the Aleutian islands that we had to fight to get back.

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

Watching WW II in the Pacific in color. 8 part series.

The realism of the photography along with the interesting detailed history makes this a very good watch.

Hard to imagine what was going through these guys minds on the landing craft knowing they would be attacked the second they stepped off the transport. The commanding officer on one landing told them "gentlemen, tomorrow some of you won't be her

The amount of lives lost to take certain key islands to get close enough to Japan to launch an attack was huge.

Alaska was an American territory at the time and Japan actually took 2 islands in the Aleutian islands that we had to fight to get back.

Something about it being in color makes it so muxh more realistic. I never knew about all the tension between the Americans stationed in Australia vs the locals and Aussie troops

1 hour ago, NJHalo said:

Something about it being in color makes it so muxh more realistic. I never knew about all the tension between the Americans stationed in Australia vs the locals and Aussie troops

I learned a lot that I didn't know also.

Spoiler

The island Saipan when we thought it was under control and the Japanese had 3,000 men hidden in the ground which attacked at night. We lost 1,000 men in that one attack.

I've been watching The Americans. I'm about halfway through Season 4. It's a really good show. I thought the first season was good (not great), but it definitely picked up steam in Season 2.

Once you get over the fact that the two leads are walking all over D.C. in disguises that barely hide their actual identities (the Clark Kent technique), it's a compelling show. The developing plot with their daughter is very well-acted and compelling. Matthew Rhys is an incredible actor.

Power is shaping up to be one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Last episode is 9.5 on IMDB and worth every up vote. 

Would have had more impact, but I didn’t watch because I was in Vegas over the weekend and some dickhead threw out a huge spoiler on social media. Even then it was still a shock how it was created and executed by the writers.

Really good show.