• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 2/21/2018 at 11:22 AM, mrwicked said:

I want to re-watch it again. I was into it when it was live back when I was in college, but then kind of tailed off in later seasons.

One of my favorite TV episodes of all time was Sopranos, I only saw it once when it was first on and was probably drunk but man it was great. It was the episode the doctor gets raped by some stranger. And she is having hard time dealing with it, and she spots his photo in some pizza parlor. Now she knows who the guy is. She would love to somehow go after the the guy, but what is she going to do track him down herself? Now on top of the pain and anger she feels something new and arguably even more devastating - powerlessness. 

Soon after she's in a session with Tony, and she knows he just adores her. And she is just kind of going through the motions, trying to hold it together and not let on how she's crumbling inside after what she went through. But she can tell he knows something is off. And it starts flashing in - imagine if I told him. If there is one person on earth who could provide the brutal reckoning her rapist deserves, it's Tony. And on-screen they show flashes of a tiger, just pure, unleashed power and aggression. She is going back and forth in her head - part of her abhors his culture of disgusting violence, but the other part is struggling to hold back from unleashing him and true, savage justice upon her enemy. 

It was a phenomenal episode. 

yeah, extraordinary writing and acting in that one

it was as close to a one-off episode as the sopranos ever got, i think

i just started rewatching the wire for the first time in 5 or 6 years, and wow, it's pretty fucking timeless

Now on season 4 of Peaky Blinders. Violence and Sex and Whiskey and Cocaine. Whats not to like? Great story along with the setting, design, costumes and photography. Again..The Brits excel at tv.

The kid (Finn Cole) from Animal Kingdom plays basically the same role in both these series...nobody mentioned that here that I remember. Took me a while to figure out where I'd seen him before.

Loving Vincent - 8.5 / 10

Excellent movie about the end of Vincent Van Gogh's life. Was it suicide or murder? 

Visually stunning 10 / 10 - hand painted cells,  all in Van Gogh's style. 

If you appreciate his style you should enjoy this movie. 

On 3/5/2018 at 4:16 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Too bad... I've heard much the same. Looks like it should be winner :-\

Glad it wasnt just me. Thought maybe i missed something. My buddy said the same thing as soon as we walked out, hes a movie nerd like me. 

I dont want to give away the story in case anyone wants to see it still. But even with the great cast (good acting, and dialogue mostly), there just didnt seem to be a point. 

Not to get political, but it seemed kind of liberal hollywood...which i dont have a problem with...if the story adds up. But the redemption part of the story isnt explained at all.

Spoiler alert, bale hates indians, but not at the end.

Theres just zero explaination as to why he makes the change. Zero.

The sort of big action scenes dont tie in to each other at all, and have no bearing on the plot...or ending.

Literal waste of two hours, unfortunately.

Daughter and I went to a taping of Americas Got Talent tonight in Pasadena. It was fun and interesting but moved a bit too slowly. Had to be there by 7 but they didn't start taping until 8:45. We were there until just after 11:00 and they only had 7 or 8 acts, including a really good bluesy song from some guy that used to be on Glee. 

Mel B showed plenty of cleavage, Howie treated everyone like they were the most sincere person on the planet, and Simon pushed the golden buzzer for someone who sang great but had a really compelling story to go with it. 

We sat orchestra left in row 6, right directly parallel to the judges table to their left. Guy sitting next to us reeked of day old pot and he wore black gloves. 

Edited by Tank

Babylon Berlin

Very good show and plot. Good acting and the writers kept it interesting for 16 episodes.

Interesting time of History in Germany. 1929 and Germany still feeling the after effects of WWI.

Need subtitles as it's in German. It's on Netflix

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

Babylon Berlin

Very good show and plot. Good acting and the writers kept it interesting for 16 episodes.

Interesting time of History in Germany. 1929 and Germany still feeling the after effects of WWI.

Need subtitles as it's in German. It's on Netflix

Great to hear. Was planning to start watching this tonight. 

Btw, watched Dark last week. Took me a bit to get into it, (kept waiting to ring out if Goldie Wilson had been re-elected Mayor)  but was hooked halfway through. 

Watching Alex and S5 of Endeavor right now. 

13 hours ago, Tank said:

Daughter and I went to a taping of Americas Got Talent tonight in Pasadena. It was fun and interesting but moved a bit too slowly. Had to be there by 7 but they didn't start taping until 8:45. We were there until just after 11:00 and they only had 7 or 8 acts, including a really good bluesy song from some guy that used to be on Glee. 

Mel B showed plenty of cleavage, Howie treated everyone like they were the most sincere person on the planet, and Simon pushed the golden buzzer for someone who sang great but had a really compelling story to go with it. 

We sat orchestra left in row 6, right directly parallel to the judges table to their left. Guy sitting next to us reeked of day old pot and he wore black gloves. 

Cool that you got to catch up with @Glen

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Great to hear. Was planning to start watching this tonight. 

Btw, watched Dark last week. Took me a bit to get into it, (kept waiting to ring out if Goldie Wilson had been re-elected Mayor)  but was hooked halfway through. 

Watching Alex and S5 of Endeavor right now. 

"you wait and see, mr. caruthers. i will be mayor. i'll be the most powerful man in hill valley and i'm gonna clean up this town!"