• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm almost done with it and it's been really solid... almost like a poor man's Breaking Bad. It has yet to really turn the corner into great but I honestly felt that way about Breaking Bad for at least a couple of seasons.

Jason Bateman is doing a great job of showing he has considerably more range than you might expect from your typical sitcom actor. He has the same likability of his Arrested Development character but with the ability to deliver some seriously dark moments that are just savage AF.

It's funny you use that comparison. That's why I am watching it, a friend of mine told me it was similar to Breaking Bad.

Jason Bateman is doing a great job. I no longer think of him as the kid from Silver Spoons, Valerie Harper Show, and other comedic roles.

I think the little blonde WT with the curly hair is stealing the show.  

On 2/12/2018 at 8:00 AM, Brandon said:

finally watched chinatown. maybe it was just over hyped or the way everyone throws around the word classic.

someone told me to watch that and then watch la confidential which i have on deck.

did you like chinatown? it's one of those i want to see but still haven't. 

LA confidential was a GREAT movie. should have won best picture that year, but, you know, titanic and all that.

3 hours ago, NJHalo said:

It's funny you use that comparison. That's why I am watching it, a friend of mine told me it was similar to Breaking Bad.

Jason Bateman is doing a great job. I no longer think of him as the kid from Silver Spoons, Valerie Harper Show, and other comedic roles.

I think the little blonde WT with the curly hair is stealing the show.  

She is easily the most well written character on the show, and the actress that plays here knocks it out of the park. My younger sister knew who she was so she must be known to the younger demographic.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:00 AM, Brandon said:

finally watched chinatown. maybe it was just over hyped or the way everyone throws around the word classic.

someone told me to watch that and then watch la confidential which i have on deck.

I think the issue with watching Chinatown now vs. in the early 70's is that the subject matter isn't shocking now, at least not as much as it would have been when first released.  Plus, acting I think is more "showy" now than it was back then.  With Jack, I am always looking for a Jack-ism in his roles because that's what I expect from him now (probably ever since A Few Good Men.

19 hours ago, Tank said:

did you like chinatown? it's one of those i want to see but still haven't. 

LA confidential was a GREAT movie. should have won best picture that year, but, you know, titanic and all that.

I'm glad I still finally watched it, but like "there will be blood" it ended with me kind of thinking, "that's it?" it wasn't a bad movie, it's just received so much critical acclaim you kind of expect more than what you get. I think part of it is I was expecting it to be more noir like (the whole reason I watched it in the first place) and didn't really feel that vibe.

Just watched split. I know people are not an m night shamylan fan. But I thought it was one of his better ones. The actor that was the main was really good in it. 

Spoiler

And for a sequel to unbreakable I really dig the direction and his take on the superhero genre. It is definitely not what I was expecting. 

On 2/12/2018 at 8:00 AM, Brandon said:

I might be a little jaded since I'm obsessed with the history of LA and SoCal in general. I also have a fascination with people like Mulholland and Frederick Eaton who shaped the development of our region maybe more than most people know, for good or worse. I enjoy movies like Chinatown that trick me into believing I'm in 40's - 50's Los Angeles. It's always a hard thing to accomplish with so much constant development.

16 hours ago, LHalo said:

I might be a little jaded since I'm obsessed with the history of LA and SoCal in general. I also have a fascination with people like Mulholland and Frederick Eaton who shaped the development of our region maybe more than most people know, for good or worse. I enjoy movies like Chinatown that trick me into believing I'm in 40's - 50's Los Angeles. It's always a hard thing to accomplish with so much constant development.

yeah, you and I are the same in this regard. absolutely love the setting.

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

I am through first three episodes of Deadwood.

Loving it.

And what a surprise - I didn't know mutha f*cking Powers Boothe was in this! Curly Bill himself.

This show is awesome but just got that much better.

I need to stay on this. I’m about in the same spot. Watched 3-4 episodes on my last flight and dig it

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

I am through first three episodes of Deadwood.

Loving it.

And what a surprise - I didn't know mutha f*cking Powers Boothe was in this! Curly Bill himself.

This show is awesome but just got that much better.

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I need to stay on this. I’m about in the same spot. Watched 3-4 episodes on my last flight and dig it

Where have you guys been? You should check out The Sapranos next.

Ironically, I had an itch to start the sopranos again, but then thought about the time commitment trying to stick with it. There’s a specific scene I wanted to watch.....I don’t remember it, but Tony and crew go in this rampage and just start bodying the rival crew. I feel like it was the season one finale but don’t remember. It was just gangster as fuck.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Ironically, I had an itch to start the sopranos again, but then thought about the time commitment trying to stick with it. There’s a specific scene I wanted to watch.....I don’t remember it, but Tony and crew go in this rampage and just start bodying the rival crew. I feel like it was the season one finale but don’t remember. It was just gangster as fuck.

I want to re-watch it again. I was into it when it was live back when I was in college, but then kind of tailed off in later seasons.

One of my favorite TV episodes of all time was Sopranos, I only saw it once when it was first on and was probably drunk but man it was great. It was the episode the doctor gets raped by some stranger. And she is having hard time dealing with it, and she spots his photo in some pizza parlor. Now she knows who the guy is. She would love to somehow go after the the guy, but what is she going to do track him down herself? Now on top of the pain and anger she feels something new and arguably even more devastating - powerlessness. 

Soon after she's in a session with Tony, and she knows he just adores her. And she is just kind of going through the motions, trying to hold it together and not let on how she's crumbling inside after what she went through. But she can tell he knows something is off. And it starts flashing in - imagine if I told him. If there is one person on earth who could provide the brutal reckoning her rapist deserves, it's Tony. And on-screen they show flashes of a tiger, just pure, unleashed power and aggression. She is going back and forth in her head - part of her abhors his culture of disgusting violence, but the other part is struggling to hold back from unleashing him and true, savage justice upon her enemy. 

It was a phenomenal episode. 

Watching "Dark"

I believe Lou would like this as we enjoy foreign shows.

8 episodes into a 10 episode season. German show and needs subtitles. Enjoying it so far. Plot is all over the place and you really have to keep track of the characters. Hoping for a wild ending that ties it all together.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:22 AM, mrwicked said:

I want to re-watch it again. I was into it when it was live back when I was in college, but then kind of tailed off in later seasons.

One of my favorite TV episodes of all time was Sopranos, I only saw it once when it was first on and was probably drunk but man it was great. It was the episode the doctor gets raped by some stranger. And she is having hard time dealing with it, and she spots his photo in some pizza parlor. Now she knows who the guy is. She would love to somehow go after the the guy, but what is she going to do track him down herself? Now on top of the pain and anger she feels something new and arguably even more devastating - powerlessness. 

Soon after she's in a session with Tony, and she knows he just adores her. And she is just kind of going through the motions, trying to hold it together and not let on how she's crumbling inside after what she went through. But she can tell he knows something is off. And it starts flashing in - imagine if I told him. If there is one person on earth who could provide the brutal reckoning her rapist deserves, it's Tony. And on-screen they show flashes of a tiger, just pure, unleashed power and aggression. She is going back and forth in her head - part of her abhors his culture of disgusting violence, but the other part is struggling to hold back from unleashing him and true, savage justice upon her enemy. 

It was a phenomenal episode. 

nice. I was late to the party, but decided to take a break before starting a new business project and was bored quick. so decided to watch the entire show in a row....the word binge watching was around just yet. it's 86 episodes and I did it in a week- week and a half. I feel like I missed some subtleties or don't remember everything going that fast with the show, but that episode really stands out. what a gem.

I think this was the first tv show where I watched every episode and also the first time I binge watched anything. show was a wild ride.