• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Downsizing = B

this was a movie that didn't go at all where you expected it to. it was very different than anticipated. it had a couple of funny moments in it but it wasn't a comedy, which might have been the easy way out. there were a lot of symbols about modern life, and i imagine a lot more could be unpacked from this movie is discussion groups for sociology, religion, philosophy, or psychology classes on campuses everywhere.

it wasn't nearly as heavy on the special effects as you might think or standard gag lines/jokes as you might think. overall, my brother and i enjoyed it.

interested in your thoughts on this one, @Sam Sanchez.

15 hours ago, Tank said:

Downsizing = B

this was a movie that didn't go at all where you expected it to. it was very different than anticipated. it had a couple of funny moments in it but it wasn't a comedy, which might have been the easy way out. there were a lot of symbols about modern life, and i imagine a lot more could be unpacked from this movie is discussion groups for sociology, religion, philosophy, or psychology classes on campuses everywhere.

it wasn't nearly as heavy on the special effects as you might think or standard gag lines/jokes as you might think. overall, my brother and i enjoyed it.

interested in your thoughts on this one, @Sam Sanchez.

I still haven't seen it. I'm still in the process of powering through the 2017 movies I didn't catch up with (a little more than a dozen or so big ones). I usually enjoy Alexander Payne movies, so hope to check it out. Admittedly, the trailer didn't much for me, but I trust Payne to make something more interesting than the trailer appeared to be.

On January 5, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Redondo said:

We are 2 shows into season 2. It continues to be really good.

I've debated watching this for over a year. Since you and Mrs Redondo like it, I'll start it soon.

have you watched Occupied? (Norwegian show) Very good, IMO. 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

I've debated watching this for over a year. Since you and Mrs Redondo like it, I'll start it soon.

have you watched Occupied? (Norwegian show) Very good, IMO. 

Haven't seen it yet. Just looked it up. Sounds like the kind of show we like, thanks

Just re-watched season 3 of Peaky Blinders. Glad I did, there was so much going on it was a good refresher. Getting ready to start season 4.

On 1/10/2018 at 12:35 PM, well_red said:

Searched but don't see any mentions, just started watching Godless on Netflix.  I wasn't taken in by the first episode, but after a few more episodes it is quite good.  Fairly traditional western themes but feels new and not cliche..

i think i might start watching it tonight

looking forward to hearing michelle dockery speak with a twang

and i'm a big jack o'connell fan

watch starred up if you ever have a chance. amazing indie film made by the same guy who directed hell or high water. 

finished ep 1 of godless

good story, amazing cast.  looks like they ran out of money for some of the interior shots, but that's nitpicky

the guy who plays the blinding sheriff is really good

On 1/2/2018 at 2:20 PM, Taylor said:

Black Mirror season 4. Not quite as gripping or innovative as previous seasons, but still really good. The last episode is particularly disturbing.

Why the show is called Black Mirror.

http://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/a14535570/why-black-mirror-is-called-black-mirror/

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

My wife dragged me to Post tonight.  

I was seriously afraid one of the old white people in the theatre was going to die dieting the movie.  There were more old white people in the theatre than on the AW politics board.  They were so old and white, they would've called Jay a whipper snapper.  

Anyways, three dudes from Breaking Bad were in it.

Uh... OK? 

Just finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders

Some of this season felt like the cast mailed it in. Overall good to watch since we are familiar with all the characters.

Sounds like they have a season 5 coming out of all this and they are working on it.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/peaky-blinders/feature/a847166/peaky-blinders-season-5-release-date-trailer-plot-cast/

Finally saw the It remake.

Was good, much more gory and vulgar than the original. But I didn't feel the same connections to the characters, maybe because I knew it was a remake. Just not the same without Jonathan Brandis. RIP. Visually it was very well done, but had some flow gaps that threw me off. I thought Pennywise was great though. 

Okay, I finally saw Shameless for the first time ever this weekend at a friend's house (5 of the early episodes).

William H. Macy is genius as the ultimate "drunken, lazy, and looking for get rich quick schemes" guy.   Joan Cusack is classic as a former house bound woman with a new found love of being 3/32 Native American and taking it to the extreme.   The looks on her then Native American boyfriend's children's faces as she feeds his children nothing but Native American food when they want hamburgers is priceless.   I got to the episode where she marries Frank in the hospital.

From Frank to scatter brained Monica to Monica's girlfriend to Fiona messing up Liam's life to Lip trying to be the man of the family to Ian going from one thing to another, to Debbie being on the edge as a 13 year-old, etc., it's one big train wreck that is very hard to avoid watching.    And yep, Fiona is hot!    

Only seen 5 of the early shows, looking to watch more soon.    Although I couldn't get the theme song out of my head all weekend, as it has a 60s sound to it.

4 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Been watching The Crown (netflix) I've only got 4 episodes to go and I've enjoyed it a lot.

Learned a few things along the way. Well made and acted, thumbs up all around.

The wife and I are watching that also and we are at the same place you are. Interesting show and get to learn some history.

We are mixing in some Occupied (recommended by Lou)