• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched the first few eps of new season of the  Peaky "fookin" Blinders.  Hot right out of the gate.  Love it.

Took the family to see The Last Jedi.  Plenty of good and bad, I don't have anything to add to what's already said in that thread..

Watched Kingsman The Golden Circle last night.  I enjoyed it,  was entertained throughout.  Not nearly as much as the first one, though.  Word is, there will be a 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Keener said:

Watched Kingsman The Golden Circle last night.  I enjoyed it,  was entertained throughout.  Not nearly as much as the first one, though.  Word is, there will be a 3rd.

i watched it saturday night and thought the same thing. i'm glad that colin firth was brought back. i thought the elton john story line was good. julianne moore was a good villain. thought channing tatum's character could have been done by almost any other actor for a lot less money than what he likely charged for his 7 minutes of screen time. looking forward to the third movie.

27 minutes ago, Tank said:

i watched it saturday night and thought the same thing. i'm glad that colin firth was brought back. i thought the elton john story line was good. julianne moore was a good villain. thought channing tatum's character could have been done by almost any other actor for a lot less money than what he likely charged for his 7 minutes of screen time. looking forward to the third movie.

Agree on every point.  Elton was probably my favorite part.  I liked that the metal dogs were named bennie and jet.

52 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Black Mirror season 4. Not quite as gripping or innovative as previous seasons, but still really good. The last episode is particularly disturbing.

I just started this series.  Is it like the Twilight Zone, where every episode is independent of each other?  It's definitely a bit trippy.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I just started this series.  Is it like the Twilight Zone, where every episode is independent of each other?  It's definitely a bit trippy.

Yep, exactly. There are easter eggs tying some of the episodes together, so it's possible that they all take place in the same universe. But every episode is independent, and each is a kind of cautionary tale about technology.

48 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

finally got around to season 2 of Stranger Things. slow start, but it was good. 

the crown season 2 is next...well, as soon as i finish Oathbringer by Sanderson. 

I loved the second season.  Could have done without episode seven, kind of seemed like a throw away.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:20 PM, Taylor said:

Black Mirror season 4. Not quite as gripping or innovative as previous seasons, but still really good. The last episode is particularly disturbing.

On 1/2/2018 at 5:13 PM, gotbeer said:

On 1/2/2018 at 6:53 PM, Taylor said:

Yep, exactly. There are easter eggs tying some of the episodes together, so it's possible that they all take place in the same universe. But every episode is independent, and each is a kind of cautionary tale about technology.

I think it's my favorite show right now. The episode that Jodie Foster directed was downright unsettling, like most of them.

Finished watching 'Worm Wood' on Netflix. Great documentary / drama about a man who's spent most of his adult life trying to prove that his father was murdered by the CIA.

The conclusions are frightening yet quite plausible, but you can decide for yourself. Really enjoyed the dramatic elements intertwined with the more traditional documentary style.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:24 PM, Tank said:

watched Dunkirt last night. meh. my daughter wanted to see it primarily because one of the lads from One Direction was in it. It wasn't much for dialogue, and i don't think they captured well for people unfamiliar with the story exactly all that this battle meant.

Dilly, Dilly! Same here. I thought it was monotonous, and didn't explain well enough what this meant both before and after. My daughters wore googling it during the movie, and pointing out the OneD kid.

Odds are that without this evacuation, the US never enters European theater of WW2.  

Years ago, during a free starz weekend, i set tivo for Black Sails.  There must have been a marathon on another weekend recently, because we found 38 episodes.  We are about 30 in.  I am entertained.  Predictable but enjoyable.  Some pretty good 'scenery' too.