• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Aug 18, 2017 - Fans of DS Ellie Miller and DI Alec Hardy, don't expect to see any more Broadchurch. ... Back when the series three finale aired in the UK, he said there was "absolutely" no chance of Olivia Colman and David Tennant reuniting for one last outing. ... 'Broadchurch' Chris Chibnall to write ...

Too bad. I enjoyed this show and the characters that evolved.

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Aug 18, 2017 - Fans of DS Ellie Miller and DI Alec Hardy, don't expect to see any more Broadchurch. ... Back when the series three finale aired in the UK, he said there was "absolutely" no chance of Olivia Colman and David Tennant reuniting for one last outing. ... 'Broadchurch' Chris Chibnall to write ...

That's too bad.  I enjoyed the three seasons.  The final season should have been the original killer getting murdered, and them trying to figure out who done it from the list of obvious that we all know.  

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Warning, the article has a spoiler. Do not read if you are not finished with the series. 

4 hours ago, red321 said:

Finished Season 2 of Man in the High Castle on the flight back...was good but I think watching it spread out over a few months didn't help my enjoyment...kept having to refer to recap articles to remember what had happened previously.

i'm in the exact same boat on this series. haven't watched any episodes of season 2 since october but will try to finish during Christmas break. It's been an interesting series.

is there going to be a season 3?

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm in the exact same boat on this series. haven't watched any episodes of season 2 since october but will try to finish during Christmas break. It's been an interesting series.

is there going to be a season 3?

I don't think anyone on the show is accused of touching anyone inappropriately, so I would think so.  Plus the finale makes you think there will be.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Halt and Catch Fire.  It's on season 4 and I'm half way through it.  But for someone that has lived through the current modernization of computers.  Man, this show just gets my geek on.  

i watched season 1 and really liked it, but for some strange reason, i just couldn't get in to season 2. lost track of it after that but glad to hear its still around. never liked the character Joe - just seemed like a total pig to me.

Jumanji.  It wasn't bad.  They changed the story enough, but kept the same premise.  A few things could have been done better.  But some good laughs and overall and entertaining flick.  Definitely good if you were a fan of the first.  It was good on the big screen, but could wait for the small screen.

watched Dunkirt last night. meh. my daughter wanted to see it primarily because one of the lads from One Direction was in it. It wasn't much for dialogue, and i don't think they captured well for people unfamiliar with the story exactly all that this battle meant.

Searching for a movie to watch I came across Shot Caller starring Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister).  He plays a broker who accidentally kills his best friend and co-worker driving home drunk and running a red light.  Ends up in the violent crimes part of the prison and when another inmate challenges him he remembers his lawyers advice that he can't show weakness so he goes after him.  He ends up joining the Aryan nation to survive, everything snowballs from there and he serves 7 years after killing another gang member in a prison fight.  He cuts his wife and son off while having her file for divorce and once he's out he tries to balance keeping them safe but also having no choice but to do a gun deal the leader of the Aryan nation forces on him.  The movie starts with him getting released from prison and ultimately going back while showing flashbacks about his normal life before, his crime, the time he served and the people he meets.  Obviously it changes him but everything he does is for his family and he also tries to steer a former soldier who brought the weapons back from the Middle East away from the gang or anything close to the life he leads.  Caught it on Amazon Prime and I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't turned off by violence or my cliff notes review of the movie.

Almost done with season 4 of TURN. Quite bloody and violent for a TV based show. The writers take a few liberties and some of the characters seem to endure a lot of injuries and heal up quickly to continue the plot. Overall we have enjoyed it. Just read that this is the final season so I'm looking forward to the finale.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:37 AM, Redondo said:

Just finished season 2 of Gomorrah (Gomorra La Serie) on Netflix

Very intense and violent. Italians love this show and it topped the charts over there. I am looking forward to more. They are working on season 3.

Ha. I was going to ask you if you had watched this show. Season 3 is actually done (I'm halfway through it)

Edited by Lou