• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On October 13, 2017 at 2:26 AM, arch stanton said:

My wife and daughter enjoyed Atypical. They're hoping it gets another season. It's been 35 years but JJL will always be Stacy to me. Whenever I see her I start humming Jackson Browne tunes

I watched the first episode of The Grand Tour, the Amazon Prime show with the Top Gear crew.  Looks like it'll be something worthwhile to watch on the days I'm alone or when it's just me and the little one. 

The only thing I understood in this entire post was Jackson Browne 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

The only thing I understood in this entire post was Jackson Browne 

He was quoting Fast Times at Ridgemomt High. Staci was the girl at the pizza place that got nailed by Ron the stereo guy while Somebody's girl is playing in the background.

damn I've see that movie way too much

26 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

He was quoting Fast Times at Ridgemomt High. Staci was the girl at the pizza place that got nailed by Ron the stereo guy while Somebody's girl is playing in the background.

damn I've see that movie way too much

Damn, he lost me at JJL.  

I prefer to remember the playing of The Cars' Moving In Stereo.

The stereo guy? You mean Mike Damone?

" is that your little brother? he's a good looking kid "

Edited by Lou

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Damn, he lost me at JJL.  

I prefer to remember the playing of The Cars' Moving In Stereo.

The stereo guy? You mean Mike Damone?

" is that your little brother? he's a good looking kid "

mike damon was the dude who always got concert tickets for everyone.

ron was the older doosh who hit on stacy at her job at the pizza place in the mall, then nailed her in the dugout of the baseball field at night.

images-4.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Just finished season 1 of Case. Takes place in Iceland so you needs the subtitles. The names are really different and difficult to pronounce the last names. 

My wife and I like the foreign detective shows so we can see how they live and the local terrain. Something different. 3 1/2 stars due to many flat spots to extend the season. Plot was good and writers put plenty of twists in the end.

On 10/15/2017 at 7:01 AM, Redondo said:

Just finished season 1 of Case. Takes place in Iceland so you needs the subtitles. The names are really different and difficult to pronounce the last names. 

My wife and I like the foreign detective shows so we can see how they live and the local terrain. Something different. 3 1/2 stars due to many flat spots to extend the season. Plot was good and writers put plenty of twists in the end.

Once again, I agree with your review. It dragged a bit at times, but overall it was a real good show.

Have you and Sra. Redondo watched Trapped? Another Icelandic show that is very good. 

Just started on Ozark. I'll keep with even though the plot and characters are not very believeable outside of a few of the rednecks. I can see eventually Bateman has to start killing off people but that's probably near the end of season one.

12 hours ago, Lou said:

Once again, I agree with your review. It dragged a bit at times, but overall it was a real good show.

Have you and Sra. Redondo watched Trapped? Another Icelandic show that is very good. 

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out if it's on Netflix.

On 10/12/2017 at 6:18 PM, Blarg said:

Finished season one of Atypical.

What was atypical was casting a girl that is 23 for a 16/17 year old as the main character's sister. If you get by that then the dramodie works OK.

JJ Leigh plays a pretty unsympathetic mom that drives wedges between all family members because she was saddled early on with all of the care for their oldest with (high functioning) autism. She herself has her own obsessive compulsive behavior. 

Michael Rappaport plays dad, who until recently is just the breadwinner that can't really accept his son and hides his condition from coworkers. He finds himself awkwardly connecting with his son which causes jealousy and control issues with his wife. 

Good casting with Keira Gilchrist that plays the disassociate role well. His best friend, Nikki Dodani is the perfect awkward guy that is empowered to be cool and worldly in the presence of his autistic friend. 

I will watch season 2 when it comes out. 

I liked it a lot.  It was a quick and easy show to binge watch.  

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:11 PM, Tank said:

we've been watching the good doctor on cbs on monday nights. it's a doctor that is autistic and the unique challenges that presents. not a world beater by any means, but it's been a quality show so far.

That show is on ABC. I know because I had to put an in show promo on our stage reel for the live show and then five days later reformat the International version removing the promo.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

That show is on ABC. I know because I had to put an in show promo on our stage reel for the live show and then five days later reformat the International version removing the promo.

oops, you're right. abc on monday nights. worth a watch.

3 hours ago, well_red said:

just finished this show last night -- aren't chuck & wendy fucked too, if axe goes down?  wendy was in on the axe conspiracy causing the stock to fall.. and chuck inadvertently profits too in the end even though he had to lose all his trust money first (imagine when his lawyer friend who lost all his money finds out too)?

Wendy wasn't in on the takedown of the juice company, she just got info that Axe was shorting the stock at the last min, and figured something was up..and bought in without knowing what was happening. Axe was pissed when he found out, remember?

Chuck planned the whole thing to get Axe to do what he did.

It's an awesome show