• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Go another way

Yeah, I much prefer the 99 because it tends to have less truck traffic. I hate getting stuck behind the trucker going 63 who's trying to pass another trucker going 62. Takes them about three miles and slows everyone done again and again.

that crazy train money would be far better spent adding another lane in each direction on the 5.

3 hours ago, mrwicked said:

i did it for four years when i was at cal. i still do it once in a blue moon now as it can be somewhat cathartic. 

suggestions:
- do it super late at night, there is no traffic. even better if you do what i did in college: have a sweet 1992 25th anniversary edition camaro RS and play the knight rider theme song as you sail through the night. johnny cash is good too. and also goth/industrial music and dark trance stuff. and plenty of monster energy drinks. 

- ALWAYS stop at harris ranch, fantastic steak, and the best burgers in california. 

- get pea soup at pea soup andersons. they have cans you can buy too, but its nothing like the fresh stuff. 

- there is a carl's jr in gorman in the grapevine. numerous times ive leaned against my car, eating a western bacon cheeseburger, with light snow falling down on me. the california dream right?

- at the truck stop in kettleman city they have an arcade. i played a heated match of street fighter 2 turbo against a guy with one arm at 3am one time. i lost... but really i won.

- there is an in-n-out near avenal. speaking of avenal, one time i let my buddy drive and he got ticketed going 105. since it was over 100 it was either spend a weekend in jail, or pay a fine and then come back every weekend for the next couple months and do light work. he chose the latter. so his next 8 weekends involved hanging out in avenal and like sweeping the firehouse parking lot. 

- or take the 101. or even better take the 1 along the coast and spread the trek out over a few days. 

You had me at Gorman 

On September 22, 2017 at 4:56 PM, mrwicked said:

- there is an in-n-out near avenal. speaking of avenal, one time i let my buddy drive and he got ticketed going 105. since it was over 100 it was either spend a weekend in jail, or pay a fine and then come back every weekend for the next couple months and do light work. he chose the latter. so his next 8 weekends involved hanging out in avenal and like sweeping the firehouse parking lot

he's an idiot 

Edited by Lou

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Yeah, I much prefer the 99 because it tends to have less truck traffic. I hate getting stuck behind the trucker going 63 who's trying to pass another trucker going 62. Takes them about three miles and slows everyone done again and again.

that crazy train money would be far better spent adding another lane in each direction on the 5.

Instead of adding more carpool and toll lanes, they should add: " Trucks Have To Drive In This Lane " lanes" 

On August 21, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Adam said:

Went to the movies on Sat. Saw That Hitman's Bodyguard. It was fun.

Sidenote. WTF man. All these stupid comic book movies. There's only a handful of movies worth seeing each year.

if it's not Archie & The Gang, I'm not watching 

On 9/24/2017 at 4:27 PM, Ray McKigney said:

Watched the six part documentary series on A&E called The Murder Of Laci Peterson. A lot of information which indicates that Scott may not have committed the murders. Very interesting. 

A couple friends watched this and are convinced he's innocent. I can't see that based on how he handled himself through the entirety of the investigation

5 hours ago, Adam said:

A couple friends watched this and are convinced he's innocent. I can't see that based on how he handled himself through the entirety of the investigation

Yeah, I understand your point of view. In the documentary, he explains his demeanor and actions during the trial. I'm not convinced that he's innocent, but after watching it, it really seems as though the Modesto PD didn't follow up on all the leads and focused completely on Scott. 

On 9/5/2017 at 5:48 PM, Sam Sanchez said:

So how'd you like it?

First off, I'll just say that Season 3 of Twin Peaks might be my favorite thing I've seen on TV, though admittedly, I'm not a big TV watcher.

The finale definitely raises more questions than it answers but definitely leaves a ton to think over. It felt like Episode 17 was the real finale, and episode 18 was the beginning of something else that we may never get a continuation of. A lot of threads left dangling, but I can't say I'm disappointed at all personally.

Well...for the first time ever, I feel betrayed by one of the reviews and recommendations I've received in this thread.

So many good ones, so many great things I might have missed...but this one has me scratching my head. I went back and watched the first season and about 10 of the second, and the movie Fire Walk With Me. While it was campy and weird, it was pretty enjoyable. I don't regret that part at all. But this so called "Return" season has me frankly.. annoyed. It's a cross between a bad acid dream and a pretentious and artsy 60's foreign film. Someone please tell me that something is going to happen to make me glad I watched past episode 6, because up to this point I can honestly say this is the slowest, most convoluted and nonsensical piece of crap I've ever wasted time on. Kyle Mclachlan has basically blind-stared at his shoelaces and wandered around like a zombie for the last 3 episodes. There is no semblance at all of anything near the original story lines. I have no idea where the writers are headed, and I'm at the point of not really caring.   I have a lot of time invested and will probably try another episode before I give up, but I'm right on the verge of it.

The fact that Cez brought the show up probably should have been a red flag, but Sam Sanchez has always been someone who's opinion I respected.

#confusedandletdown

For me, I love the sense of humor of this new season and find David Lynch being in no hurry to get where he is going pretty refreshing. I find it hard to recommend the show to anyone without finding out if they are a fan of Lynch in general since this season is feels a lot more like a new project by David Lynch rather than a new season of Twin Peaks.

Honestly, if you weren't on board around episode 4ish, it just might not be for you. Episode 8 might just turn you off altogether on the show. If you're not a fan of Dougie at all, you might not want to continue either. Though if you start to warm on Dougie, and can make it past episode 8, it becomes slightly more quicker pace in the back half of the season.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Well...for the first time ever, I feel betrayed by one of the reviews and recommendations I've received in this thread.

So many good ones, so many great things I might have missed...but this one has me scratching my head. I went back and watched the first season and about 10 of the second, and the movie Fire Walk With Me. While it was campy and weird, it was pretty enjoyable. I don't regret that part at all. But this so called "Return" season has me frankly.. annoyed. It's a cross between a bad acid dream and a pretentious and artsy 60's foreign film. Someone please tell me that something is going to happen to make me glad I watched past episode 6, because up to this point I can honestly say this is the slowest, most convoluted and nonsensical piece of crap I've ever wasted time on. Kyle Mclachlan has basically blind-stared at his shoelaces and wandered around like a zombie for the last 3 episodes. There is no semblance at all of anything near the original story lines. I have no idea where the writers are headed, and I'm at the point of not really caring.   I have a lot of time invested and will probably try another episode before I give up, but I'm right on the verge of it.

The fact that Cez brought the show up probably should have been a red flag, but Sam Sanchez has always been someone who's opinion I respected.

#confusedandletdown

go watch mulholland drive. its awesome.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

#confusedandletdown

I really enjoyed the original two seasons of Twin Peaks, have watched them all the way through several times.  I also love Mulholland Drive, but some of his other movies not so much.

I watched the new season.  I'm very open minded and had no delusional hope that it would just pick up where it left off, figured Lynch would have to have some good ideas to go through the effort of resurrecting the series.  I found the new season extremely tedious until about episode 14.  14-18 were awesome and what I wanted out of the series.  For me it was worth the payoff, but I wasn't that invested, just flipped it on here and there when I was up late.  Someday I'll go back and watch it through again to see if I like it better when not looking forward to each episode and feeling let down over and over again, but I feel your pain.

51 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

go watch mulholland drive. its awesome.

I've seen it, and Blue Velvet and enjoyed them both, but it has been a while.  I knew enough to expect the unexpected going into Twin Peaks which I had never watched at all. I may have to go back and experience both of those films again.

33 minutes ago, well_red said:

I really enjoyed the original two seasons of Twin Peaks, have watched them all the way through several times.  I also love Mulholland Drive, but some of his other movies not so much.

I watched the new season.  I'm very open minded and had no delusional hope that it would just pick up where it left off, figured Lynch would have to have some good ideas to go through the effort of resurrecting the series.  I found the new season extremely tedious until about episode 14.  14-18 were awesome and what I wanted out of the series.  For me it was worth the payoff, but I wasn't that invested, just flipped it on here and there when I was up late.  Someday I'll go back and watch it through again to see if I like it better when not looking forward to each episode and feeling let down over and over again, but I feel your pain.

Thanks red. I thought I was "experienced" enough in Lynch to take whatever he could dish out, but my patience has been severely tested after enduring the first 5 1/2-6 hours of this project. I was probably gonna carry on despite being pissed off (which no doubt is part of the point).

Good to know I am not alone. 

21 hours ago, Sam Sanchez said:

For me, I love the sense of humor of this new season and find David Lynch being in no hurry to get where he is going pretty refreshing. I find it hard to recommend the show to anyone without finding out if they are a fan of Lynch in general since this season is feels a lot more like a new project by David Lynch rather than a new season of Twin Peaks.

Honestly, if you weren't on board around episode 4ish, it just might not be for you. Episode 8 might just turn you off altogether on the show. If you're not a fan of Dougie at all, you might not want to continue either. Though if you start to warm on Dougie, and can make it past episode 8, it becomes slightly more quicker pace in the back half of the season.

Funny, I watched ep 8 (7 and 8 actually) last night and thought it was the best of the season so far. Visually appealing, anyhow.

Probably wouldn't recommend watching it right before bed like I did. 

9 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

just finished season 2 of billions.

still fucking love it. 

Great show. They ended the season without Chuck knowing that Wendy shorted the stock, and without us knowing how much she made ...was it enough to save Chuck, his dad, and his pal? (although Chucks dad is a prick who deserves to get what he deserves)  

I have been watching Narcos and Veep.

Narcos is good, not great but I am enjoying it.

Veep has its moments where it is hilarious, but they over do it with the profanity, like they are really shoving it down your throat.  Kinda like how Mad Men couldn't go a scene without reminding you that it was the 50s or whatever decade it was.