• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

That familiar time of year....

On 5/30/2022 at 2:00 AM, Angelsjunky said:

The Blue Jays (27-20) lost 5 straight a couple weeks ago, and are 10-4 since. The Dodgers lost 4 in a row, and are 13-2 since. The Giants have lost 5 in a row twice in May and are still hanging in there.

Worst losing streaks and 10+ game spans of last year's playoff teams:

Rays: 7 | 4-12 over one span, 3-8 in another

Red Sox: 5 | 2-10

Yankees: 7 | 2-8, 3-10, 1-7, 2-11

White Sox: 5 | 3-8

Astros: 6 | 1-9

Braves: 4 | 4-8

Brewers: 5 (three times) | 4-12

Cardinals: 6 | 6-18

Giants: 4 | 4-6

Dodgers: 4 | 2-10

The Yankees were super streaky, but still managed to win 92 games. The Braves were less streaky, never losing more than 4 in a row or having too bad of a streak, but only won 88 games (but the WS). The Cardinals had an awful period in June, as you can see, but then had a 17-game winning streak in September to sneak into the postseason. The Giants won 107 games and barely slumped.

So far the Angels: 5 | 3-9

Anyhow, the point is that most playoff-bound teams go through bad spells, some really bad. The Cardinals are an extreme version: They were 36-40 on June 25, and didn't get back over .500 until August 11, and still managed to win 92 games and reach the postseason.

I'm like 99.9% sure the Dodgers had at least one 8-9 game losing streak last year.

19 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm like 99.9% sure the Dodgers had at least one 8-9 game losing streak last year.

I guess a 0.1% chance sometimes pan out. Nope, check it out:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAD/2021.shtml

Maybe you're thinking of that period between April 18 and May 7 when they went 4-14. But the most they lost in a row was only 4 games.

I seldom post but I don’t care about standings, games behind, etc. this is the only math that I need:

Win 15 games per month and lose 12 per month - Year end 90 -72 and we’re in the playoffs more often than not.

So month end April 15 Ws / May 30 Ws / June 45 Ws and so on. So here we are month end May with 27 Ws so next month have to win 18 and lose only 9. You can see where this is going I’m sure.

14 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

14 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I guess a 0.1% chance sometimes pan out. Nope, check it out:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/LAD/2021.shtml

Maybe you're thinking of that period between April 18 and May 7 when they went 4-14. But the most they lost in a row was only 4 games.

Didn't the Braves win the WS last year?