• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Blue Jays @ Angels (5/28/22 7pm): Lorenzen on the mound, Ohtani is back, no Ward

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I was very critical of Perry signing Lorenzen as a SP and damn that was a great move. 

I, too, was very critical of the signing.  I keep thinking that at some point, he's gonna implode given how few bats he's missing--but having a great infield defense behind him has clearly helped him be consistent. 

2 minutes ago, TrumBomb said:

Who’s been the better surprise this season? Lorenzen or Ward?

We needed a SP like Lorenzen and he's been a guy I want to watch when he starts. Reminds me of Weaver with his intensity but also has great focus no matter the situation. 

If Ward was around the past week or so it might be a draw, but Lorenzen coming through as he has wins for me. Good SP keeping these guys in the game when offense has been scuffling is sooo valuable.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I, too, was very critical of the signing.  I keep thinking that at some point, he's gonna implode given how few bats he's missing--but having a great infield defense behind him has clearly helped him be consistent. 

His sinker has been a legit plus plus pitch for him. Starting to think he should be able to maintain this

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I’m at the game so I was unaware it was on Apple TV tonight. 

It isn't. And I still didn't tune in. They're losing viewers! 

Btw, good seats. 

Ps UCLA  beat Duke in the Super Regionals to advance to the women's softball CWS for the 3I st time. It was a fun game to watch.

10 minutes ago, TrumBomb said:

Who’s been the better surprise this season? Lorenzen or Ward?

Tough call. Ward was having an MVP season but showed signs last year of being a capable starter. Lorenzen has been great and very few, myself included, considered him to be a viable SP before the season. I still go with Ward because he would be leading in OPS if he qualified but it's close.

1 minute ago, cals said:

Can we get a Suzuki update?

Kinda bugs me they've just been glossing over the entire thing.

26 mins ago:

"Los Angeles Angels catcher Kurt Suzuki left the game against the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday night when he was hit in the neck/collarbone area by a pitch from starter Michael Lorenzen prior to the start of the third inning.

Suzuki, in his 16th season in the majors and second with the Angels, appeared to collapse as he was being helped into the dugout."