• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Vacation Thread

On 7/18/2022 at 4:02 AM, Redondo said:

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get robbed?

Tourist location?

Funny enough, was just telling this story at work this past weekend, and my "throwback pic" cloud alert went off, and it was the anniversary.

No bullshit, someone got into my room on the third floor of out janky hotel from the balcony. Spidermanned all the way up.

While me, another cop and a fireman were sleeping, they got all our phones and wallets. Got stranded in Europe without phones or cash for the next like week. 

If you google it, it's super common there. Supposedly they spray laughing gas in the room first, under the door. So you sleep deeper. Enough to sleep through someone creeping around you, taking anything valuable in view... like phones on chargers, wallets on nightstand, etc.

Lost all my pictures for like 2 years (this was before I had the cloud). Maybe 2 days before it we did the bull run... sigh.

So then we fly to Nice, France 2 days later..... we're there for the ISIS attack on Bastille day.

That trip went from amazing (hooked up with some absolute dime in Barcelona, did the bull run in Pamplona (dumbest thing I've ever done, but cool to say I did it), on to Madrid (which is gorgeous).

Then Ibiza it falls apart, Nice was obviously horrible. Then on to Monte Carlo which is beyond overrated, and the locals sucked. 

First trip I've ever come home early from. Couldn't wait to get home.

44 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough, was just telling this story at work this past weekend, and my "throwback pic" cloud alert went off, and it was the anniversary.

No bullshit, someone got into my room on the third floor of out janky hotel from the balcony. Spidermanned all the way up.

While me, another cop and a fireman were sleeping, they got all our phones and wallets. Got stranded in Europe without phones or cash for the next like week. 

If you google it, it's super common there. Supposedly they spray laughing gas in the room first, under the door. So you sleep deeper. Enough to sleep through someone creeping around you, taking anything valuable in view... like phones on chargers, wallets on nightstand, etc.

Lost all my pictures for like 2 years (this was before I had the cloud). Maybe 2 days before it we did the bull run... sigh.

So then we fly to Nice, France 2 days later..... we're there for the ISIS attack on Bastille day.

That trip went from amazing (hooked up with some absolute dime in Barcelona, did the bull run in Pamplona (dumbest thing I've ever done, but cool to say I did it), on to Madrid (which is gorgeous).

Then Ibiza it falls apart, Nice was obviously horrible. Then on to Monte Carlo which is beyond overrated, and the locals sucked. 

Hey, I hooked up with an absolute dime in Barcelona, too!

We're Barca Brothers.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Crooks will do anything to steal from you

Thanks for the heads up

Bummer that it happened to you

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

Crooks will do anything to steal from you

Thanks for the heads up

Bummer that it happened to you

The worst part of it all, headaches aside, were the lost pictures. Aside from some great vacation ones, there were a few w my Dad of this time we took a flight on an old WW2 bomber, that I swore I backed up but didn't.

He's gone now, so is the plane.

Hard lesson learned about backing up pictures...

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

On 7/20/2022 at 2:51 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

The worst part of it all, headaches aside, were the lost pictures. Aside from some great vacation ones, there were a few w my Dad of this time we took a flight on an old WW2 bomber, that I swore I backed up but didn't.

He's gone now, so is the plane.

Hard lesson learned about backing up pictures...

That sucks.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:58 PM, m0nkey said:

We just booked our flights to/from Europe for our delayed honeymoon in September.  Planning to visit UK, France, and Italy

Added Barcelona to the list. We’re pretty basic people and plan on doing the main touristy things, but any suggestions? Going to Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Venice, and London in 3 weeks 

7 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Added Barcelona to the list. We’re pretty basic people and plan on doing the main touristy things, but any suggestions? Going to Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Venice, and London in 3 weeks 

Ristorante mamma Gina in Florence 

9 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Walk the Gothic District.  A lot.  Lots of great places in there, a lot of cool little bars and restaurants, and you’ll find there are some of the nicest people in the world in there.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

So did she pass when you were together? Either way that sucks as it sounds like she died way too young 

No, years later.  I hadn’t talked to her for a long time.  But yeah, she died at like 30.  

On 7/22/2022 at 11:32 PM, m0nkey said:

So, I've done crazy Euro trips like that several times. It's doable and I've had a blast.

That said....

That's a lot of moving around. Just know what you're getting into before you do it. Some people go crazy doing that...