• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Positivity and Staying Grounded

Barf

4 hours ago, Barf said:

Last night was a massive win by our Halo's and awesome to see Shohei hit his first grand slam. This season so far has been different me over a lot of past seasons as I really have confidence and don't count us out in any game we are in. Obviously a ton of games left this season, but the positivity around the club and from most fans has been fantastic to see. For me personally, I am feeling more positive now than I have probably in the last 10 years or so.

With that though yes comes the second part of my thread title: Staying grounded as a fan.

As said above, a ton of games left and a losing streak here and there is to be expected not just by us but by every team in the league. I just take losses in stride and look forward to the next one to see if we can get it done. As a fan, that's all we can do. Cussing or scratching our heads about decisions is something I do as well, but in the grand scheme of things I am very confident in this team and think this could be a special one as long as everyone plays to their potential. Will the Astros make it easy for us? No. Will the M's get things together? Probably. But when looking at our team versus theirs, we are just as talented and just as capable of taking this division.

What say you fellow Halo brothers?

It is a very nice change from having to try and gain ground on the teams ahead in the standings. 

It's been such a long time since we had legitimate reasons to be very optimistic on May 10.

Their records on May 10, dating back a few grueling years:

2021: 15-18 (4th place)
2020: N/A
2019: 17-20 (4th place)
2018: 22-14 (2nd place, but had gone 11-11 since starting 11-3)
2017: 17-18 (tied for 2nd, 6 GB of the Astros)
2016: 13-18 (4th place)
2015: 14-17 (2nd place, 6 GB of the Astros)

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It's been such a long time since we had legitimate reasons to be very optimistic on May 10.

Their records on May 10, dating back a few grueling years:

2021: 15-18 (4th place)
2020: N/A
2019: 17-20 (4th place)
2018: 22-14 (2nd place, but had gone 11-11 since starting 11-3)
2017: 17-18 (tied for 2nd, 6 GB of the Astros)
2016: 13-18 (4th place)
2015: 14-17 (2nd place, 6 GB of the Astros)

@Inside Pitch said it a few days ago. Getting over the hump doesnt mean world series as much as being a legit contender, a playoff spot, and a team that has a chance to go far in October.

Its early, but it feels like it. And its hard to call it a fluke. Trout and Ohtani are both healthy for the first time in a long time. The lineup finally has depth. The SP has some very good arms, and the pen is much improved. 

Barring the usual "of course, here we go again" bullshit, this should be a great year.

I said this in another thread but the vibe inside the stadium has been really awesome so far this year.  For the first time in several years, people other than true Angels fans are starting to take notice.  The crowds are coming back.  The energy in the stadium is back.  That comeback win on Mothers Day was one of the best wins I’ve witnessed in years.

Im enjoying every minute of this, and it seems the players are also.  Watching Ohtani pump his fist after a key hit, or getting a key strikeout is awesome, seeing as he was always so low key.  He’s buying in to it and it’s fun to witness.

It’s a marathon for sure, but I’m enjoying the sprint so far.

43 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

@Inside Pitch said it a few days ago. Getting over the hump doesnt mean world series as much as being a legit contender, a playoff spot, and a team that has a chance to go far in October.

Its early, but it feels like it. And its hard to call it a fluke. Trout and Ohtani are both healthy for the first time in a long time. The lineup finally has depth. The SP has some very good arms, and the pen is much improved. 

Barring the usual "of course, here we go again" bullshit, this should be a great year.

Yep. Playing meaningful baseball in September would be a huge improvement over the last 7 years.

It has been a really long time since this team has been a legitimate contender and played meaningful games deep into the season.

It is early, and a lot can change, but as mentioned upthread, we haven't even seen this team be in a decent position on May 10th with the exception of one season in the last 7 years.

This has been an enjoyable start.  Having an additional playoff team is nice too.  Sure, I'd like to see us win the WS this year, but I'll also happily accept qualifying for the playoffs and see this team in playoff games again.

56 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

It has been a really long time since this team has been a legitimate contender and played meaningful games deep into the season.

It is early, and a lot can change, but as mentioned upthread, we haven't even seen this team be in a decent position on May 10th with the exception of one season in the last 7 years.

This has been an enjoyable start.  Having an additional playoff team is nice too.  Sure, I'd like to see us win the WS this year, but I'll also happily accept qualifying for the playoffs and see this team in playoff games again.

Ill add two more individual things that are going to make this season great 

Finally a rotation with more than one arm, backed by a bullpen that is solid at worst. That alone makes it interesting.

And seeing Trout and Ohtani healthy. 

Either on their own is amazing... combined, the whole sports world will be watching, not just Angel fans.

Im not at all the "trade the farm" type. But if we have something to flip for help, this would be the year. The core is solid and deep. And Trout isnt getting younger, and Ohtani will get more expensive.

If were in it at the break, go for it this year.