• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Positivity and Staying Grounded

Barf

Last night was a massive win by our Halo's and awesome to see Shohei hit his first grand slam. This season so far has been different me over a lot of past seasons as I really have confidence and don't count us out in any game we are in. Obviously a ton of games left this season, but the positivity around the club and from most fans has been fantastic to see. For me personally, I am feeling more positive now than I have probably in the last 10 years or so.

With that though yes comes the second part of my thread title: Staying grounded as a fan.

As said above, a ton of games left and a losing streak here and there is to be expected not just by us but by every team in the league. I just take losses in stride and look forward to the next one to see if we can get it done. As a fan, that's all we can do. Cussing or scratching our heads about decisions is something I do as well, but in the grand scheme of things I am very confident in this team and think this could be a special one as long as everyone plays to their potential. Will the Astros make it easy for us? No. Will the M's get things together? Probably. But when looking at our team versus theirs, we are just as talented and just as capable of taking this division.

What say you fellow Halo brothers?

42 minutes ago, failos said:

first time GIF

Haha. I just don't let sports get me stressed out as much as I used too pal. I love the Halo's as much as anybody, but if we lose I don't get carried away with it like I used too.

That wasn't always the case though lol when it comes to the teams I cheer for. I remember when Carolina lost to George Mason in the tournament back in 2006 and I went and grabbed a shovel out of my shed in order to dig a grave for myself. So I have gotten better lol.

6 minutes ago, Barf said:

Haha. I just don't let sports get me stressed out as much as I used too pal. I love the Halo's as much as anybody, but if we lose I don't get carried away with it like I used too.

That wasn't always the case though lol when it comes to the teams I cheer for. I remember when Carolina lost to George Mason in the tournament back in 2006 and I went and grabbed a shovel out of my shed in order to dig a grave for myself. So I have gotten better lol.

Right on. It’s easy to get really affected by losses when it comes to the Angels—just because they’ve been so disappointing for years. This season, I see a solid core that can win.

Ultimately, MLB seasons are marathons, not sprints. It’s important to remember that whether they win or lose.

I think that part--"not counting them out"--is a marked difference this year. I mean, as a long-term Angels fan, I'm just imprinted on assuming that once they're down, they're out. But not this team.

That said, baseball is a marathon - ups and downs, and a lot can still go wrong. But I think there's more reason to be optimistic about the rest of the year than there are to be pessimistic. The bottom line: This is the most enjoyable season that I can remember.

The angels had a bunch of come back wins last year didn’t they or the year before.  That’s not what’s looking ok about this years group.  It’s that they’ve got twice as many wins as losses and their run differential is what ? 3rd best in the majors.  This is evidence of the team actually being good.  

You could see what we’re seeing now if things broke right for the Angels for a couple of years at least.  Things have broke right so far.  They need at least one more reliable starter really they need 2.   Maybe Canning can be one.  Maybe this Diaz guy.  But if we’re talking about the team being good through 162 they’re going to need more guys in the pitching area.  And, as always they’ll need some luck with health.  We can’t have 3 or 4 main cogs getting hurt at the same time. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

The Angels are guaranteed to win a bunch of games this season, and they're guaranteed to lose a bunch of games this season. (Same as every other team.)

That leaves a whole bunch of games up for grabs. (Same as every other season.)

But... for the first time in many seasons, I am not extremely pessimistic about those games that are up for grabs. 

And it's a fun feeling. 

33 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Of all the crap posted... this is what you have a problem with? 

@True Grich we ban people or ask them to take a timeout when people go over the top. I don't have a problem with you at all.

I'm just tired of AJ's or anyone else's positive posts or threads getting labeled as a jinx.

People complain about negativity, yourself included, yet at the same time seem to suppress members from saying something positive about a player or team in fear of a jinx. 

If I'm wrong, I apologize but that's just my perception. 

9 minutes ago, stevestevens said:

Stay grounded?  I am a fan and this is entertainment.  I am enjoying every second of the ride because experiencing the last 8 years, I know that these rides do not come in that often.

I'm all in!!!  World series here we come!

woo-yeah.gif

when harry met sally ill have what shes having GIF

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@True Grich we ban people or ask them to take a timeout when people go over the top. I don't have a problem with you at all.

I'm just tired of AJ's or anyone else's positive posts or threads getting labeled as a jinx.

People complain about negativity, yourself included, yet at the same time seem to suppress members from saying something positive about a player or team in fear of a jinx. 

If I'm wrong, I apologize but that's just my perception. 

I'm just going to say this one thing and then move on...

What I did is part of the AW culture... "it's running joke" and  It's all in good fun.  This isn't the first time you've singled me out for something that is part of the AW culture and I don't like it at all.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The angels had a bunch of come back wins last year didn’t they or the year before.  That’s not what’s looking ok about this years group.  It’s that they’ve got twice as many wins as losses and their run differential is what ? 3rd best in the majors.  This is evidence of the team actually being good.  

You could see what we’re seeing now if things broke right for the Angels for a couple of years at least.  Things have broke right so far.  They need at least one more reliable starter really they need 2.   Maybe Canning can be one.  Maybe this Diaz guy.  But if we’re talking about the team being good through 162 they’re going to need more guys in the pitching area.  And, as always they’ll need some luck with health.  We can’t have 3 or 4 main cogs getting hurt at the same time. 

That's Cy Diaz to you!

10 minutes ago, True Grich said:

What I did is part of the AW culture... "it's running joke" and  It's all in good fun.  This isn't the first time you've singled me out for something that is part of the AW culture and I don't like it at all.

@True Grich, I love you dude but that's one area of the AW culture that I didn't cultivate and that I don't care for. 

Moving on. Cheers! 

3 hours ago, Barf said:

Last night was a massive win by our Halo's and awesome to see Shohei hit his first grand slam. This season so far has been different me over a lot of past seasons as I really have confidence and don't count us out in any game we are in. Obviously a ton of games left this season, but the positivity around the club and from most fans has been fantastic to see. For me personally, I am feeling more positive now than I have probably in the last 10 years or so.

With that though yes comes the second part of my thread title: Staying grounded as a fan.

As said above, a ton of games left and a losing streak here and there is to be expected not just by us but by every team in the league. I just take losses in stride and look forward to the next one to see if we can get it done. As a fan, that's all we can do. Cussing or scratching our heads about decisions is something I do as well, but in the grand scheme of things I am very confident in this team and think this could be a special one as long as everyone plays to their potential. Will the Astros make it easy for us? No. Will the M's get things together? Probably. But when looking at our team versus theirs, we are just as talented and just as capable of taking this division.

What say you fellow Halo brothers?

Keep on hoping. Keep on dreaming. Keep on praying. If the main players stay healthy, this team will be a force.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I agree with you.

But you do the same to me.