• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels sign Juan Lagares to a minor league deal

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Magneuis Sierra is already in the organization and would probably provide as good as/better defense and speed.  Neither guy can hit at this point.

I get that he'd just be a 4th OF, but still, why even bother spending money on him?  Random guy they call up will probably do as well.

Sierra has MLB experience too.

If this is indeed a major league deal, then this is perhaps a "raise the floor" sort of deal that helps provide OF insurance, so to speak, in case of injury.  While our OF looks good at the moment, it's a long season, and our OF depth is precariously thin beyond our starting trio.

I would not relate this move to Adell's future.  This, to me, is simply just helping ensure the OF has suitable MLB talent and depth.  Adell's job is to take his time and work on his game, so that the next time he is recalled, he'll be ready to be permanently entrenched in the OF and not sent back down.

• mmc changed the title to Angels sign Juan Lagares to a minor league deal