• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Moving Second Base

Have we had this discussion here?  When the talk about larger bases started up I learned a couple things, one of those things is the alignment of second base compared to the other bases.  There is talks that when they make the bases larger, they’ll move second base to align it with the other bases.  To me it’s a no brainer as it helps get baseball back to action plays instead of waiting for the home run. 

AFD66B2A-E74F-4013-A75C-8384122AEDEB.webp

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

If you thought I was posting this about moving @Second Base and you actually wondered why I would post it, then you don’t know of our amazing relationship. 

True.

Nor do I want to.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Have we had this discussion here?  When the talk about larger bases started up I learned a couple things, one of those things is the alignment of second base compared to the other bases.  There is talks that when they make the bases larger, they’ll move second base to align it with the other bases.  To me it’s a no brainer as it helps get baseball back to action plays instead of waiting for the home run. 

AFD66B2A-E74F-4013-A75C-8384122AEDEB.webp

Where did you hear second base wasn't aligned? It certainly looks aligned...

It's too soon to do it, but I think they should consider moving the bases closer at some point. A couple of feet closer means infielders have to play in closer to the batter to make the play. This will significantly increase the value of a ball in play and the reward speed.

24 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's too soon to do it, but I think they should consider moving the bases closer at some point. A couple of feet closer means infielders have to play in closer to the batter to make the play. This will significantly increase the value of a ball in play and the reward speed.

It isn’t aligned. The outside edge of 1st and 3rd align with the middle of 2nd. Look at the diagram. 

37 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

https://theathletic.com/3212654/2022/03/28/why-baseball-is-moving-second-base-and-what-this-experiment-could-mean-for-the-game/

Jason Stark wrote  about this in March. 

• 4 months later...