• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread: Angels @ Red Sox (5/5/22 10:30am): Ohtani on the mound, no Trout

46 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Angels are now 17-5 when they score more than one run. Just get a few runs on the board, and let the pitchers do their job.

That's just over 77%, or 125-37 over 162 games.

Not bad.

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

This is just stupid. Sending Adell down made sense if they were going with a Marsh-Trout-Ward starting outfield. But in the last three games, we've seen three starts in the OF by Mayfield (twice) and Rojas. I'd much rather see Adell than either of those two guys.

Meaning, send Adell down if it really means he won't get the playing time he needs. It isn't like Mayfield or Rojas are substantially better (if better at all).

He's yet to start a game in AAA.  Seems they are having him do some work away from the field..   It's likely they are wanting him  to focus on something mechanical before taking it out to the field.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Wait…werent most people talking about getting swept midway through yesterdays game?

Most people that witnessed the bombing of Pearl Harbor never thought that 6 months later the Japanese navy would suffer a crippling blow at Midway, then get nuked to end the game. 

16 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's yet to start a game in AAA.  Seems they are having him do some work away from the field..   It's likely they are wanting him  to focus on something mechanical before taking it out to the field.

watching adell play left field is like watching the first 20 minutes of "Major League".

10 minutes ago, FromJapan said:

Free translation of Ohtani-san's Japanese comments

About today's pitching:
Though it was a tough in progress, but in the end it became a great game. 
Since the game had continued with 0-0 score, I pitched with the intention of not allowed any runs.
I thought that if I didn't allowed, chances would come.

About Fenway Park:
I also like this ball park. I am grateful that I can play at the ballpark where the great player actually played the game.
Having a good game is another encouragement for me.

Thank you 

I believe a lot of Adell's problems on defense are in his head. Over thinking instead of reacting. Adell is very young and I'm sure if some team would take a chance on him in a trade. I wonder about Marsh striking out at high rate of late also. Marsh plays great defense and he also is very young. Baseball today is so many strikeouts. I feel halos will look for another OF and starting pitcher 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I feel like Minasian is going to be forced to sell low on Adell. 

Unless Adell can turn shit around I don't see any other way.

Unlikely, IMO.  I think they'll keep him in the minors until considerable improvement is obtained in terms of pitch selection (i.e. plate discipline) and defense.  He has 2 options - a lot of time to work on things.  They don't need to rush him back up.  Our OF is set for now.  Mayfield isn't necessarily an ideal 4th OF, but at least our "starting 3" looks really solid.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Most people that witnessed the bombing of Pearl Harbor never thought that 6 months later the Japanese navy would suffer a crippling blow at Midway, then get nuked to end the game. 

Wait a minute......Japan.......Pearl Harbor..... 

16 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Who is Angel starter on Friday?

Last I heard it was tbd depending on pitching used today.  Thought there was to be an announced after the game but I didn’t hear if it was.

5 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Who is Angel starter on Friday?

5 hours ago, Revad said:

Last I heard it was tbd depending on pitching used today.  Thought there was to be an announced after the game but I didn’t hear if it was.

Friday’s starter will be the legendary pitcher from the Mexican League..,Un DeCided! ¡Olé!