• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels option Adell, place Warren on 10-day IL, recall Rojas and Peguero

mmc

18 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You honestly think they made a roster decision based in part on the opposing team's crowd reaction?  Like, for real?

Is it really that weird to believe the team doesn’t want to put a player who really seems to be struggling with confidence in this type of environment?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/11/red-sox-acknowledge-racism-fenway-park-is-real-promise-action/

8 minutes ago, mmc said:

Mayfield is starting in left today.  Not really a fan of his but does anyone really think we’re worse off with him there than Adell today?

This is the first time Mayfield will be playing the OF since he's been a pro(2013). Sad as it is to say, I do think he'll play it better than Adell would have

5 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This is the first time Mayfield will be playing the OF since he's been a pro(2013). Sad as it is to say, I do think he'll play it better than Adell would have

Weird, I could’ve sworn he played there a bit last season, probably just because it feels like every infielder did for us last season

6 minutes ago, mmc said:

Weird, I could’ve sworn he played there a bit last season, probably just because it feels like every infielder did for us last season

That’s Gosselin. I make the same mistake every now and then.

This is the right move, IMO.  Adell needs both significant defensive work and plate discipline improvement.  The best way to get this is to play often, which he currently isn’t given the strength of our OF.

That said, I think this also highlights our need for a better 4th OF option too.  Rojas isn’t very good, and it appears Mayfield is starting in left today.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

This is the right move, IMO.  Adell needs both significant defensive work and plate discipline improvement.  The best way to get this is to play often, which he currently isn’t given the strength of our OF.

That said, I think this also highlights our need for a better 4th OF option too.  Rojas isn’t very good, and it appears Mayfield is starting in left today.

One BB in 66 PAs bears this out.
That is never a good thing.

What a shock. If only someone could've predicted that he might be more expendable than one of the middle IF since he can't play defense and Maddon won't play him. 

I guess missing a catch with a 90% catch expectancy is gonna make some question whether you should be in the majors. Like, I dunno, your gm?

Hopefully he can make some adjustments in AAA and get a bit of confidence back.  

The tough thing is that he basically sucked in every aspect of the game.  Not just his fielding, but his contact rate even against pitches in the zone is basically the worst in baseball.  When his only value at the plate is putting the ball in play, that's pretty much a worst case scenario.

I think it’s just not that easy to start playing a new position.  He doesn’t have a lot of reps in LF.  I think Adell showed some guts bouncing back from some bad games in the field and in the batters box.  He’ll go play everyday and be better for it.  He’ll be back soon enough.  It’s dumb to be down on him.  Big time talent.